Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Leo merges with Marymount
I know that St. Leo has a substantial distance learning component.  I'm less familiar with Marymount.
Saint Leo University Announces Merger with Marymount California University - EIN Presswire (einnews.com)
That is an interesting development!
(07-30-2021, 07:49 AM)Alpha Wrote: I know that St. Leo has a substantial distance learning component.  I'm less familiar with Marymount.
Saint Leo University Announces Merger with Marymount California University - EIN Presswire (einnews.com)
St. Leo has a very low cap on transfer credits though. Max of 34 for non-traditional, or 64 for an RA AA/AS. The distance learning course offerings are really great, they have a lot that are *only* offered online, but the relatively low transfer credit policy makes them an expensive option.
Merger plans scuttled
https://www.tampabay.com/news/education/...rger-plan/
Marymount to close
Marymount California University in Rancho Palos Verdes to close - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
(04-24-2022, 10:28 AM)Alpha Wrote: Marymount to close
Marymount California University in Rancho Palos Verdes to close - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

So many small colleges will be closing over the next few years. They've been financially struggling for years and the pandemic just created more problems for them.
I thought they were good to go, until some accreditation issues. Someone didn't do their job, properly, why would you not "update" the accreditation processes to conform to the required changes? Oh well...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-24-2022, 12:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I thought they were good to go, until some accreditation issues.  Someone didn't do their job, properly, why would you not "update" the accreditation processes to conform to the required changes? Oh well...

From what I have read the accreditation issue had to deal with finances. They may not have had a way to show a better financial report so they were unable to update the board.
update 
UCLA buys former Marymount California campuses for $80M | Higher Ed Dive
(09-27-2022, 09:13 PM)Alpha Wrote: update 
UCLA buys former Marymount California campuses for $80M | Higher Ed Dive

This has been a roller coaster. But UCLA grows again lol
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saint Leo & Marymount Merger Delay bjcheung77 0 483 12-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American Sentinel U merges with Post University Alpha 8 1,481 02-04-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77