Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spanish - Sophia Failed
Hello Everyone, 
I am in need of ACE (3 Credits) for Spanish to transfer to UMPI. I signed up for Sophia and i tried the a milestone writing and failed miserably, I did the milestone 2.1 writing and failed as well. My current score is 76% with still 3 oral and 1 writing toushstones pending. Teacher stated that i used some outside help and never used the vocabulary that she mentioned. SHe is right, i didn't use google translator but other language translator.
Any help and suggestion is appreciated. I must transfer these credits to UMPI by June 15 or i will get considered fail since their Spanish course is way tougher that Sophia. 
Any suggestion or help, 
Thanks
You only need a 70% average score across all assignments to pass and get credit for the course. You can also redo each touchstone and milestone if you need to improve your score. Just follow the instructor's advice and the course info as best as you can and grind through it, you should be ok.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RJ77's post:
  • RachelB
I am not sure I am the right person because I am fullt fluent in Spanish and thus found the Sophia Spanish courses to be a breeze of fresh air.
From what I remember in the first course, the 1st assignment is to first write a small piece of text saying your name, your age, I think the country where you live. Maybe mention something about your neighborhood. Things like my city is very sunny and I work in the night.

It is okay if your text has errors in it, the purpose is to see you showing genuine effort in trying. The second touchstone from my memories is you make a selfie video with the cellphone talking about the same topic. You might need to rehearse in the mirror quite a few times before you feel confident enough in recording it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Avidreader's post:
  • colonelcamp, Pikachu, RachelB
You are correct. The Teacher wrote some comments that i will paste here. Not native and unable to read the language is tough.
Thanks everyone.
For Sophia.org language classes, are you able to redo the touchstone or something you've failed at? I think the quizzes and milestones are possible for a reset, how about a touchstone? Is there a second try at that without redoing the class or something? I forget, I may have mixed that up with Study.com for the redo...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scholarships for Sophia Learning students ArshveerCheema 1 284 09-21-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 158 94,584 09-18-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: MissRN
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 13 1,247 09-18-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: wow
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 362 09-16-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 20 1,541 09-10-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 366 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 553 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 485 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 482 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 5 3,080 07-31-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary