Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sophia Course Retirement Alert
Sophia is retiring the following course: Some members have reported Topics in U.S. History being a relatively quick/easy course. The ACE recommendation for this course expires at the end of this month, so you actually want to complete the course asap if you are working on it or have it planned for the future.
In Progress:
TESU:
BA Computer Science (118/121)
SoonCapstone

Completed: AS in Mathematics, Certificate in Computer Information Systems

TESU: 6 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540)
Coursera: 39 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics, IBM Full Stack Software Developer)
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus)
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government)
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits
Sophia.org: 49 Credits
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits
B&M College: 105.34 Credits
The good news is that they are expanding customer support on the weekends. 

That should make it easier to take courses with touchstones if you need Sophia to open up an additional course while you wait for the touchstone to be graded.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • AllThose299s
There are 3 touchstones as per WIKI, if you have a subscription to Sophia.org, you may want to just do the class after you get all the credits you need from Sophia.org, this class may hit the general education or electives depending on the degree and institution you plan on completing your degree: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I asked a Sophia Learning Coach via text chat whether ACE will "recognize the course for credit recommendation" and ACE Credly badge and transcript purposes if I start this course during May but then complete it during June or July (which he described as a "grace period"). Sophia Learning Coach Joshua replied that ACE "will still honor it as the course was started while it was still valid."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • NapoleonInRags
I contacted ACE and they told me that they will offer the credit recommendation if I register for the course by May 31 and finish it by July 31.
[-] The following 2 users Like NOX's post:
  • AllThose299s, Jonathan Whatley
I can't find this course in the course list anymore. How do I enroll?
Finished: University of Derby - Computing & IT Bsc Hons

In progress: OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership

Planning: MBA Top-up
The limit to sign up was May 31st. I still managed to sign up on time and completed it. Not sure if Sophia will offer an alternative course. It doesn't seem to have a specific focus on the US or international history, more like it is a class to teach students how to analyze and use critical thinking.
Study dot com is the best bet for history classes other than US history I/II that receive ACE credits.

There is one lower-level class at OnlineDegree dot com if the school accepts NCCRS credit - course is free, while the exam is $9 for the proctoring:
https://www.onlinedegree.com/free-course...n-history/
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(07-13-2024, 03:18 AM)OtterDen Wrote: I can't find this course in the course list anymore. How do I enroll?

Sent an Email to Sophia. They said the course is past its last enrollment date already. Here is the reply I got:

Quote:The Topics in U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future course has been retired and the last day of enrollment was 05/31/2024. If you were considering this course, check out our other history courses as our U.S. History I and II courses are still available. As always, check with your advisor on which courses can articulate to your school. 
Finished: University of Derby - Computing & IT Bsc Hons

In progress: OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership

Planning: MBA Top-up

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scholarships for Sophia Learning students ArshveerCheema 1 284 09-21-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 158 94,584 09-18-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: MissRN
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 13 1,247 09-18-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: wow
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 362 09-16-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 20 1,541 09-10-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 366 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 553 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 485 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 482 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 11 948 07-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DavidGood