Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Business Law eTextbook
Hi there,

I'm looking for the eTextbook for Straighterline's Business Law. Is anyone willing to share?
Thank you!
Goal: BA/BS in Psychology

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
Nobody?

I guess I'll go rent it in Chegg.

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
The legality of redistributing ebooks varies. Unlike physical textbooks, they generally cannot legally be redistributed to anybody else. Since you asked for a business law textbook, perhaps people who learned the material decided redistributing the ebook is a bad idea. Ditto for the people who passed the ethics exam.

The music recording industry really went after people who redistributed digital versions of songs. I keep expecting the publishing industry to do the same. If it hasn't happened yet, will it never happen, or does it not matter? Answering that is beyond me. People who don't want to pay for ebooks sometimes claim fair use allows them to get a copy without paying for it, but quoting Fair Use in a Nutshell "If the use diminishes the market for the copyrighted work (or portions of it), including revenues from licensing fees, it is probably not a fair use."
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
You could have signed up for the class with the etextbook included for $69.

Business Law Online Courses | StraighterLine
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
clep3705 Wrote:The legality of redistributing ebooks varies. Unlike physical textbooks, they generally cannot legally be redistributed to anybody else. Since you asked for a business law textbook, perhaps people who learned the material decided redistributing the ebook is a bad idea. Ditto for the people who passed the ethics exam.

The music recording industry really went after people who redistributed digital versions of songs. I keep expecting the publishing industry to do the same. If it hasn't happened yet, will it never happen, or does it not matter? Answering that is beyond me. People who don't want to pay for ebooks sometimes claim fair use allows them to get a copy without paying for it, but quoting Fair Use in a Nutshell "If the use diminishes the market for the copyrighted work (or portions of it), including revenues from licensing fees, it is probably not a fair use."

I realize that this is an issue. However, other ebooks on here have been shared and passed along for SL courses without much fuss, so I thought I'd do the same for this course. I can rent the ebook through Chegg, and I have no problem with that. Just thought I'd try this first.

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
AngelaP Wrote:You could have signed up for the class with the etextbook included for $69.

Business Law Online Courses | StraighterLine

I know, but you can save those $20 dollars by renting the book through Chegg and cancelling within 15 days.

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
l8989v Wrote:I know, but you can save those $20 dollars by renting the book through Chegg and cancelling within 15 days.

Can you explain this a bit more? How do you rent an ebook for free for 15 days?
Aurelius Wrote:Can you explain this a bit more? How do you rent an ebook for free for 15 days?

Haven't ever done this but https://www.chegg.com/generalpolicies states you're allowed to return eBooks within 14 days for a full refund if you're not satisfied.
Nixi Wrote:Haven't ever done this but https://www.chegg.com/generalpolicies states you're allowed to return eBooks within 14 days for a full refund if you're not satisfied.

I have read about this as well, the only complaints seem to be slowness in the downloaded app, it takes a few seconds to search and turn the page and I noticed you're allowed only one system to download it onto. So if you accidentally use your iPad, you're stuck when you do the open book exams, they won't allow use of any other device but your laptop or desktop.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I cannot find this ebook anywhere on Chegg. Anyone else have this issue?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,461 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 445 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 628 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 900 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 612 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 863 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Business Certificates Alpha 7 1,521 11-01-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Cheating is BIG business! <sigh> bjcheung77 24 4,353 08-29-2021, 05:55 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  BSc Business & Management (Honors Top Up) £5,250 or less! bjcheung77 0 583 08-22-2021, 06:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applied Business Statistics - alternative source? Vle045 6 1,257 08-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests