Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rudisill v. McDonough
Big Grin 

• The court ruled 7-2 in Rudisill v. McDonough that servicemembers who, through separate periods of service, accrue benefits under both the Post-9/11 Veterans Act and the Montgomery GI Bill, can use either one, in any order, up to a 48-month aggregate cap.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2024/04/annou...-april-16/  Big Grin
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
This looks like it will be a good thing for veterans.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-23-2024, 02:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote: This looks like it will be a good thing for veterans.

It is. Too many times the system is set up so that the answer is NO. This is also a situation where I'm happy with elected officials. Both senators and a congressman supported the veteran in this case.
Chief Petty Officer
[-] The following 3 users Like Charles Fout's post:
  • jch, LevelUP, NotJoeBiden
“Justice Thomas filed a dissenting opinion, in which Justice Alito joined.”

No surprise there.
-
Joe
(04-24-2024, 10:32 PM)NotJoeBiden Wrote: “Justice Thomas filed a dissenting opinion, in which Justice Alito joined.”

No surprise there.

I love that Justice Jackson delivered the opinion of the court.  It's refreshing to see differing opinions without regard to which President appointed the Justice.

Too often the system is rigged so that "NO" is the default answer.

Timing worked for me regarding my own GI Bill eligibility. I initially enlisted during the VEAP era but never participated. later, I had the opportunity to pay $1,200 and enroll in the Montgomery GI Bill. I didn't. 

However, I stayed in long enough to be eligible for the Post 9-11 GI Bill. Which is a far in a way better deal for veterans. I used my Post 9-11 GI Bill with Liberty University School of Business and ICPM.
Chief Petty Officer
[-] The following 2 users Like Charles Fout's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, NotJoeBiden