Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosetta Stone Courses
Has anyone heard of Rosetta Stone Courses being worth credit??
KyleHausam Wrote:Has anyone heard of Rosetta Stone Courses being worth credit??

Where did you hear that?
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Nope!!!!!!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
KyleHausam Wrote:Has anyone heard of Rosetta Stone Courses being worth credit??

Language Learning with Rosetta Stone @ James Madison University
Someone at the library told me. I didnt think it was right.
peace123 Wrote:Language Learning with Rosetta Stone @ James Madison University

No kidding!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
here is another college with a partnership but it looks like its non-credit.

Community Education - Rosetta Stone Miami Dade College
HOWEVER, you can use Rosetta Stone as the means to prepare for any number of the various language exams which yield 6, 12, 18 credits! My 10 year old is working his way (slowly) through Rosetta Stone French. I <3 RS
cookderosa Wrote:HOWEVER, you can use Rosetta Stone as the means to prepare for any number of the various language exams which yield 6, 12, 18 credits! My 10 year old is working his way (slowly) through Rosetta Stone French. I <3 RS

Korean is 24 credits! I asked EC about it once, they said whatever ACE recommends they will give... 12 for reading 12 for writing (3/3).

But Rosetta Stone is pure crap, I tried it for Korean (a language I speak a usable amount of, 1+/1+) and got nothing out of it... had no idea what was going on, and who cares about the dang horse.

If you're military (or DA/DoD civilian) look at SOFTS Online. It's a really good program designed for SOF personnel, but anyone can take left over seats. All online (need webcam/mic and a decent internet connection). I did Chinese (3 months) with them and went from nothing to being able to ask for simple things last time I was in Shanghai. Learned about 200 words (written, read, spoken, etc) and the teacher adjusted based off the needs of the students.
valsacar Wrote:Korean is 24 credits! I asked EC about it once, they said whatever ACE recommends they will give... 12 for reading 12 for writing (3/3).

But Rosetta Stone is pure crap, I tried it for Korean (a language I speak a usable amount of, 1+/1+) and got nothing out of it... had no idea what was going on, .

Oh wow! Sorry to hear that!! We are using French and it's awesome. It even has voice recognition software integrated to develop pronunciation. One other thing they do now is online live chats with native RS speakers. My son is to young and their TOS doesn't allow him to participate, but I think that would be great fun too. I can see where it might be confusing at first, because it's an immersion technique- as opposed to a translation technique, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty cool!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 4 85 5 hours ago
Last Post: rickrick
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,616 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,504 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 52 9,145 08-11-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Dheerajsyz
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 332 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,314 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 471 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 550 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,132 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 1 378 04-26-2024, 09:42 AM