Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record for most CLEPS/Credits/DSSTs in one day?
Hmmm...let's refer to my nifty homemade College Expense Tracker Spreadsheet. Big Grin

Most tests in one day: 3 (However one of those was the only one I've failed to date, so I don't know if that counts.)

Best month to date: 9 tests for 27 credits total, OR there was another month with 7 tests but two were 6 credit so that was another 27 credit month.
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
So far, I only take one exam a day, though I am going to try to get the un-refreshed DSST Intro to Business this Thursday when I do MIS. My goal is 30 credits between Memorial Day and Labor Day, but it's looking more like Halloween will be my endpoint.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
My stats:

Day: 4 tests for 12 credits (no breaks)
Week: Same...my testing center only gives exams one day a week
Month: 8 tests for 27 credits
Total: 120 exam credits in just under 9 months
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
BS-LS: AoF Admin/Mgmt Studies
0 to BS in under 9 months

EXCELSIOR CLASSES (7 Credits)
College Math (A) Eng Comp (B) Info Lit (P)

CLEP (42 Credits)
A&I Lit-6CH (71) SS&H-6CH (66) Humanities-6CH (65) Mgmt (66) Marketing (66) HG&Dev (61) Info Sys&Comp App (60) Sociology (60) Psych (59) Business Law (55) Am Gov't (50)

DSST (57 Credits)
Found of Ed (67-A) Fund of Counseling (67-A) Intro to Business (65-A) Civil War & Recon (62-A) Tech Writing (59-A) Intro Law Enforcement (59-A) Principles of Supervision (58-A) Org Behavior (57-A) Environ&Humanity (53-B) Anthropology (52-B) Astronomy (52-B) World Religions (450) Substance Abuse (450) Ethics in America (447) HTYH (433) Intro to Comp (432) Personal Finance (422) Criminal Justice (409) Mgmt Info Sys (409)

ECE (21 Credits)
HR Mgmt (A) Cultural Diversity © Ethics © Organizational Behavior (B) Found of Gerontology © Psych of A&A © Social Psych ©

Up Next:
MPA @ AMU stating Sept 09
I think Lawrie Miller is the reigning champ. gcalvin's probably second?
>>

Unless it was more than a decade ago, I'm pretty sure I have never heard of anyone beating Lawrie's 120 credits in 4 weeks...he's kind of a idol for a lot of people who ended up here! Lawrie Miller's BA in 4 Weeks. Online degrees by distance learning. BA degree and graduate degees - Accelerated Master Degrees by Distance Learning.
cookderosa Wrote:I think Lawrie Miller is the reigning champ. gcalvin's probably second?
>>

Unless it was more than a decade ago, I'm pretty sure I have never heard of anyone beating Lawrie's 120 credits in 4 weeks...he's kind of a idol for a lot of people who ended up here! Lawrie Miller's BA in 4 Weeks. Online degrees by distance learning. BA degree and graduate degees - Accelerated Master Degrees by Distance Learning.

He's the reason I started this. I was rather disappointed when I couldn't meet the 4 week deadline. :o
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
cookderosa Wrote:I think Lawrie Miller is the reigning champ. gcalvin's probably second?
>>

I'm not 100% sure, but didn't forum member gcalvin get two degrees from EC in about 7 months of testing? A business degree and a psychology degree? That's about 150 credits in about 30 weeks.
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
94steve Wrote:Do we currently have a record for most CLEPs/DSSTs taken in one day/week/month and a similar record for most credits? Part of me just wants to know for entertainment purposes and another part of me wants to make a go at the record :p.

Hey 94steve, any pointers on how to pass the College Mathematics Clep???? I need this big time to finish up my B.S.
Im aiming for one a week! (or ever two) Wow how the heck did Miller do it? One smart cookie.
alissaroot Wrote:I'm not 100% sure, but didn't forum member gcalvin get two degrees from EC in about 7 months of testing? A business degree and a psychology degree? That's about 150 credits in about 30 weeks.
>>

He's my facebook friend, I'll ask him Big Grin
Fun thread! I give Lawrie Miller all the credit in the world for putting together his degree plans and his bain4weeks.com web site -- it was of enormous help to me. But I don't think he actually did his testing in a four-week period. If you read his site carefully, he never claims to have done so (Online degree - author's distance learning academic record), nor do any of his correspondents on his "Who's Done It?" pages claim to have done a full four-year degree in four weeks (Distance learning online degree graduate, Tim Carlile Profile - BA in 4 weeks).

As for me, I never did more than three exams in a day (though I did that three times). I did ten exams for 30 credits the week of December 10-15, 2007. During the month of December, 2007, I took 24 exams for a total of 78 credits (with six days off for Christmas). I also did Excelsior's Information Literacy course for one more credit that month.

Also, to correct the record, I haven't earned my second B.S. in Psychology yet. I did take the GRE and scored well enough to earn 30 credits, but I still haven't taken the required Research and Writing course, or fulfilled the other requirements (re-enrollment, graduation fee, etc.).

-Gary-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 894 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 778 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 445 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 227 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Celebrating a Forum Legend: bjcheung77's Record-Breaking Journey! LevelUP 17 1,475 06-02-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 932 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,129 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,093 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,277 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 3,006 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM