Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Gig!
Hey all,
My intership has been going great. It has been a wonderful experience for me and has challenged me in many areas. I have done some work for a consultant who liked it and then brought me to the attention of a radio station in the area that was searching for a younger person to host a political show for 1/2 hour a week. I interviewed today and got the job!!!Big Grin It is a Christian radio station and the show airs every Thursday at 4:00pm. I will be discussing current local and national topics while trying to show the people here how it impacts them. The show will also have live and taped interviews with the first interviewee being the Majority Caucus Chair in the senate.

One lesson to be learned is that if you work hard all the time people will notice and maybe give you opportunities that you never dreamed of. If I can do it so can all of you!

Farmerboy
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
I am VERY proud of you !!!!
[SIZE="4"]
:p Smile WOW, Hometown Boy Makes Good !!!! Big Grin :o
[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="6"]Joanne[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"] all exams completed in FEBUARY 2009
Human Growth & Development - 73 English Comp w/ Essay CLEP - 74 Educational Psych - CLEP...69
Social Psychology - TECEP Behavior Modif in Counseling -TECEP
Psychology of Personality - TECEP Experimental Psychology - TECEP Substance Abuse - DSST 441

all exams completed in MARCH 2009
Foundations of Counseling -DSST - 64 ALEKS Statistics for Behavior Sciences Organizational

[U]DONE! Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as of March 10! // Graduated June 2009[/U]

Moving On:
Off to Hawaii to Celebrate- March 14 / Start Masters in Education - April 1 / Praxis 1 - April 27/ Praxis 2 - July 2009 - 190 out of 200
Liberty University - Masters in Teaching - Elementary Ed - 30 credits completed as of February 2010. Love the School, Program, Staff and Courses! GRADUATING IN MAY WITH MASTERS IN TEACHING !

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Congratulations! I know you will do well!

Danielle
You'll do great. That should be your format!!!!!!!!
Great job! I hope the job goes well. I wish the show aired here...
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Plug the station. What are the call letters/frequency? Do they have an Internet/Listen live presence?

-Gary-
They do have a listen live feature, here is the website. 790 KSPD - Boise's Solid Talk

Farmerboy,

Is your program airing now, or does it start up sometime in the future? Let us know; I'd like to tune in. Smile
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
My first show was on Monday and my next one is tomorrow at 4 pm. Here is the link KBXL 94.1. The previous link was incorrect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  recent radio silence publius2k4 2 860 09-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Radio dewisant 7 1,297 03-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Last Post: cannoda