Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding DSST Organizational Behavior
I am on a super tight study schedule and have an outlined exam schedule so that I can finish my testing by the end of February. I have had to spend an inordinate amount of time studying for the college math exam and could use more study time. I need to test out by Tuesday of this week to keep up with my scheduled list. I usually take at least 2 exams per week and need to do both by Tuesday.

I was going to take organizational behavior, but can see that Technical Writing requires much less time to prepare. I can do either for my degree plan. Does anyone know if organizational behavior will set me up with more knowledge for any of the psych or human resources management (ECE) that I will be taking in the next few weeks? I have Human Growth and Development, Educational Psych, and most of the upper level ECE psych tests for my depth that I will be doing over the next few weeks.

Also, does Educational Psych give any foundation for the other exams? I may substitute something else for that as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
Wow your busy, I just got back into the whole fake collage tests and I do so only for military promotion reasons (1 credit hour = 1 promotion point) and I have no formal collage education. I just took org behavior a few days ago and took technical writing a couple of years ago. To sum up any possible future use of org behavior, it was like watching “the office” during a big motivational speaking event. There were so many buzz words and crap that made me want to bash my common sense mind into the desk that I could barely take it. It just seams like someone needed a job so they made all this stuff up and it has no relevance to anything useful. As for tech writing, I just walked into it when I had an hour to burn and passed it with no effort.

Hope this helps,
BTW How much do these courses cost civilians? I get away without a dime for any of my tests, it’s great!.

Thanks,
Jon
phrogypoop3 Wrote:Wow your busy, I just got back into the whole fake collage tests and I do so only for military promotion reasons (1 credit hour = 1 promotion point) and I have no formal collage education. I just took org behavior a few days ago and took technical writing a couple of years ago. To sum up any possible future use of org behavior, it was like watching “the office” during a big motivational speaking event. There were so many buzz words and crap that made me want to bash my common sense mind into the desk that I could barely take it. It just seams like someone needed a job so they made all this stuff up and it has no relevance to anything useful. As for tech writing, I just walked into it when I had an hour to burn and passed it with no effort.

Hope this helps,
BTW How much do these courses cost civilians? I get away without a dime for any of my tests, it’s great!. It's hard to believe you have no formal education.
It's also amazing that there is a spell check function on this message board lol

Thanks,
Jon

"fake collage" You might want to get a tailor to look at all those seams also.
johnysc430 Wrote:"fake collage" You might want to get a tailor to look at all those seams also.

Hahahahaha...... hilarious

Oficially a Graduate!!Big Grin
COSC B.S. Independent/Liberal Studies (Business Admin & Healthcare Admin)

Exams Passed:
- DSST: Technical Writing 64
- DSST: Principles of Supervision 58
- CLEP: A&I Literature 74
- DSST: Intro to Business 66
- DSST: Ethics in America 63
- DSST: Intro to World Religions 67
ALL DONE!! hilarious[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
barbara2bba,
Check this out - it's a previous post of mine.
Good luck!
You can't fail if you never give up
[COLOR="blue"]- Some ridiculous Zach Braff movie, but what a cool quote!!

I'm the king of procrastination. I first submitted my app to TESC in 1993. THIS will be the year of my degree completion![/COLOR]

PASSED:
CLEP-Information Systems & Computer Applications: Scored 62; Nov 07
CLEP-Analyzing & Interpreting Literature: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Criminal Justice: Scored 54; Jan 08
DANTES-Fundamentals of College Algebra: Scored 47 (and 47 is the req'd pass score! :eek: ); Jan 08
DANTES-Drug & Alcohol Abuse: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Ethics in America: Scored 55; Feb 08
DANTES-Organizational Behavior: Score 54; Mar 08
DANTES-Technical Writing: Score 58; Mar 08

FELL SHORT OF A PASSING SCORE (I'll never say the 'F' word):
ECE-Organizational Behavior: Score D (but passed DANTES version 2 hours later! Big Grin )
GettinMyBA Wrote:barbara2bba,
Check this out - it's a previous post of mine.
Good luck!

As it turns out, I ended up taking the Organizational Behavior, and for me, it was pretty easy. I met my goal, finished my exams at the end of February, and have my conferral from Excelsior on the 18th of this month - (8 days away!).

Thanks so much.
Quote:BTW How much do these courses cost civilians? I get away without a dime for any of my tests, it’s great!.

They cost $65 for CLEP's and $75 for DSST's plus, for me at least, a $15 testing facility fee.
[SIZE="2"]BSBA Marketing Thomas Edison State College-63/120[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]College Math-66, College Algebra-64, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature-67, U.S. History I-66, U.S. History II-61, Information Systems & Computer Applications-59, Biology-61, DSST Introduction to Business-61, Introductory Sociology-65, Introductory Psychology-52, Principles of Microeconomics-54, Principles of Macroeconomics-47, Principles of Marketing-68, Financial Accounting-47, Introductory Business Law-62, Principles of Management-70, DSST Principles of Supervision-64, DSST Organizational Behavior-68, English Literature-61[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,777 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 358 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 275 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,976 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 231 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 186 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 508 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 516 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 4,076 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,858 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77