Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professional Development Electives Sophia
I am currently about 3 classes away from finishing my core classes and enrolled at TAMUC. What are some of the classes that I can take for the PD electives on sophia? 

Thank you!
@HCSN, Welcome to the board... Great job in getting those credits and starting your enrollment with TAMUC... You're on a roll and just 3 classes away from completing the core.  It's great you're providing a very brief, compact, intro and question... But it's too short and we don't really have a full overview of your situation, how can we recommend you anything without knowing what classes have you completed and which TAMUC degree you're going for?

The brief answer that you probably already know, the classes that you can take at Sophia.org are the ones that you haven't taken or transferred yet at Sophia.org and doesn't duplicate your current credits! Ta-da, Voila! Please fill in the addendum and template here, the more details the better we'll be equipped to answer your questions: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Your Age: 43
What kind of degree do you want?: BAAS Org
Sophia Credits: 27
Art History I
College Algebra
Environmental Science
Introduction to Ethics
Introduction to Nutrition
U.S. History I & II
US Government
Biology

Blinn College: 3
Intro to Anthropology

Central Texas College: 9
Eng 1 and 2
Intro to Psychology

Budget: Need something cheap
Commitments: I currently work full time.
Dedicated time to study: Couple hours in the morning and a few after work. Can use weekends as well.
Timeline: Trying to finish within a year.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: Financial Aid

Currently enrolled at TAMUC in the CBE program for BAAS Org. Trying to become a teacher/coach in Texas. Just need a bachelors to enroll in an alternative teacher certification program.
The PD classes can be anything they accept for credit, so take anything that you've not used at Sophia.org or your community college, I suggest following through with the plan on the WIKI here and customize only in areas that you can modify and deviate from: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-08-2024, 01:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The PD classes can be anything they accept for credit, so take anything that you've not used at Sophia.org or your community college, I suggest following through with the plan on the WIKI here and customize only in areas that you can modify and deviate from: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Thank you. I have been following the wiki but it did not state what course in the 48 professional development. Just wanted to make sure it was any that Sophia offered. Thanks again!
(01-09-2024, 12:19 AM)HCSN Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The PD classes can be anything they accept for credit, so take anything that you've not used at Sophia.org or your community college, I suggest following through with the plan on the WIKI here and customize only in areas that you can modify and deviate from: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Thank you. I have been following the wiki but it did not state what course in the 48 professional development. Just wanted to make sure it was any that Sophia offered. Thanks again!
Yup. All PD credits for me were fulfilled with Sophia credits.
---
In Progress:
Purdue Global - Masters in Cybersecurity Management

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 123 67,930 05-13-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 12 1,249 05-07-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  MLA or APA for Sophia Touchstone Essays? GoBroncos95 3 222 05-03-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 732 04-24-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 1,120 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 272 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 797 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,955 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,149 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 366 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77