Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stats feedback needed
Hi,

I am scheduled to take the Dantes exam: "Principles of Statistics" on Wednesday and was needing some help. As far as confidence intervals/significance tests go, how detailed does the test get in these areas? Do you need to memorize and apply the two-sample (mean and proportion) formulas? Will pooling formulas be involved too? Will I be using t and z tables?

I know from feedback that the test is just as conceptual as problem-solving, but was just wondering how detailed I needed to get in the areas of confidence intervals and significance testing, and if the test even covers these areas, presents them as concept questions, or actually has me plugging in numbers into formulas to come up with an answer?. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

`Dakota
I am scheduled for Wednesday as well. Maybe I will reschedule and see how you do first. I feel that I am good when it comes to understanding and answereing questions about concepts and vocab, but very weak when it comes to applying the appropriate methods if there are a ton of actual work through problems on the test. WHAT ARE THE MAIN FORMULAS THAT
WE HAVE TO HAVE MEMORIZED>>>or will they be provided for us with the question? Anyone who has taken this please help....I see a lot of older posts where people say instacert is enough but I am not convinced...I am also working through the Idiots guide.
That sounds good to me if you want to reschedule. I am taking it in the afternoon (the test site is an hour away), but I will definitely make sure to post feedback.

I went through some free online videos called "Resource: Against all Odds" and now am working through Instantcert and the book "Introduction to the Practice of Statistics" (the test is actually based off of this book from what I understand). Remembering which formula to plug in and solve for is one of my challenges, but also not knowing what type of questions will be on the test is kinda nerve-wracking to me. We'll just see how it goes. My brother is also scheduled to take it with me.

Good luck! Any last minute advice or tips is appreciated!

`Dakota

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 975 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 937 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 833 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Calc based Physics needed Hometeacher628 14 1,912 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Top 10 Things Needed to Help Get You Employed LevelUP 7 983 06-23-2022, 02:24 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 2,160 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
Star TESU or WGU? Advice needed, Ground 0, want to be as realistic as possible! OP88 15 5,445 05-29-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: OP88
  R/Stats Webinar eriehiker 0 736 06-20-2020, 10:54 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  US History & Gov Needed -self paced preferred yokopilar 6 1,299 04-30-2020, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Old Guy
  Advice needed lpnerika 7 1,763 04-22-2020, 02:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77