Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Mnagement CLEP confusion
Hello people,
I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all of the information that I FEEL I have to know for this exam. I know that everyone says it is a moderately easy exam but I have also read so many posts of people who almost passed or barely missed passing, and I don't want to be that guy who missed two questions and ended up with a 49 instead of the needed 50. So far, I have gotten a 93 on the free-clep-prep, and 81,84,87 on the Peterson's practice tests and I am waiting to take the OCSG test until tomorrow as my real exam is on Tuesday. ONe concern I have is that the language/terminology of the IC cards sometimes conflicts with what I had already learned previously in my studying, and it makes it hard for me to push out the old info when I look at a test question. i.e with regard to one aspect of conflict resolution, one site refers to "forcing" while another calls it "competition" but they both mean the same thing. I guess I just have to learn both ways. Did anyone else feel that they were still learning new terms and theories right up until the day of the test or did you just focus on the main core info seen in the specific feedback forum to "just want to pass" ?

I'm pretty sure that my paragraph is more than slightly unintelligible, but its all I've got at this point as my brain feels like its melting from information overload. thanks for reading
In my opinion if you got a 93 on the free CLEP prep practice test then you will pass by a comfortable margin. Run through IC two days before your test and you will do great. With regards to terminology you should be able to narrow down the correct answer based on the studying you've already done.
MBA - Western Governors 2019
BSBA - TESC 2014

CLEP/DSST:  Principles of Management 69 | Human Resource Management 64 | Introduction to Computing 466 | Principles of Marketing 67 | Organizational Behavior 61 | Management Information Systems 466 | Principles of Supervision 437 | Introduction to Business 434 | Business Ethics and Society 431 | Introductory Business Law 56 | Macroeconomics 54 | American Government 59 | Money & Banking 52 | English Composition

Straighterline:  Accounting I (89%) | Accounting II (75%) | Financial Accounting (82.5%) | Managerial Accounting (86.7%) | Business Communications (84%) | Microeconomics (87%) | Religions of the World (88.5%) | Organizational Behavior (93%)

Penn Foster: Finance (89%) | Strategic Business Management (97%)

ALEKS:  College Algebra (78%)
knuckles724 Wrote:Hello people,
I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all of the information that I FEEL I have to know for this exam. I know that everyone says it is a moderately easy exam but I have also read so many posts of people who almost passed or barely missed passing, and I don't want to be that guy who missed two questions and ended up with a 49 instead of the needed 50. So far, I have gotten a 93 on the free-clep-prep, and 81,84,87 on the Peterson's practice tests and I am waiting to take the OCSG test until tomorrow as my real exam is on Tuesday. ONe concern I have is that the language/terminology of the IC cards sometimes conflicts with what I had already learned previously in my studying, and it makes it hard for me to push out the old info when I look at a test question. i.e with regard to one aspect of conflict resolution, one site refers to "forcing" while another calls it "competition" but they both mean the same thing. I guess I just have to learn both ways. Did anyone else feel that they were still learning new terms and theories right up until the day of the test or did you just focus on the main core info seen in the specific feedback forum to "just want to pass" ?

I'm pretty sure that my paragraph is more than slightly unintelligible, but its all I've got at this point as my brain feels like its melting from information overload. thanks for reading

I'm fairly sure you'll pass (although I'd never guarantee that to anyone). With all of the study work you've put in I'll guess you'll end up with a nice high score. My advice at this point is not to worry about it anymore and go take the exam. If you're feeling overloaded then it isn't going to help much to cram anymore thought into the exam.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
Thanks for the support. Yeah, I wish I could have taken the exam already, but where I live the CLEP is only offered once a month. The anxiety of not knowing if I passed or not is what I think is getting to me. thanks again
knuckles724 Wrote:Thanks for the support. Yeah, I wish I could have taken the exam already, but where I live the CLEP is only offered once a month. The anxiety of not knowing if I passed or not is what I think is getting to me. thanks again

You'll be fine I'm sure! Have some faith in yourself and you'll love the feeling that comes from a completed exam.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
Those are good scores on the practice tests! you will do great! I remember taking that test and feeling like it was much easier than the Peterson tests.
remember.breath... goozfrahbahh
[B]University of North Carolina- Kenan-Flagler Business School- MBA 2017 [B]
Villanova University - Master Certificate in Government Contract Management (ApriL 2014)
TESC BSBA- Gen Mgmt (December 2013), Arnold Fletcher Award
TESC ASBA- Business Admin ( December 2013)
NCMA - CFCM (Certified Federal Contract Manager)
Completed Units Via 24 traditional, 39 Clep, 24 DSST, 12 Aleks, 3 FEMA, 12 Straighterline, 3 Penn Foster, 3 TESC

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-morrissey/49/442/407/
Sr. Mgr Government Contracts
Contract Compliance
US Pharmaceuticals
McKesson Corp
BIPolarGuy Wrote:Those are good scores on the practice tests! you will do great! I remember taking that test and feeling like it was much easier than the Peterson tests.
remember.breath... goozfrahbahh

Lol, thanks guys... I have taken a CLEP before. I took US history 1 last year and passed, but I just remember feeling like I didn't know a lot of what it covered. I still managed a 66 somehow. And yeah, I have heard from some people that the petersons are harder, but then some say they weren't alike at all(like none of the same info) and some say they aced the Peterson and then completely punted the actual. Just stressed I guess, this is my last class credit(elective) for my AA from a brick and mortar school. I really wish I would have found out about this site sooner than 2 weeks ago, I feel like its a wealth of great info and deff the fast track to a degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,896 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 692 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,225 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,072 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,841 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,479 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,400 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 3,265 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,671 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,898 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser