Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Marketing CLEP
Hi all,

I'm taking the Principles of Marketing CLEP today at 2:00 P.M. and I'm ridiculously nervous. I MUST pass this or any other CLEP exam in order to graduate at summer's end as I've already been accepted into grad school for the fall. My only study tool has been this website, as most of the reviews I read indicated that the CLEP review books weren't very helpful.

If it turns out that I don't pass this one, is there another exam that anyone would recommend I take? Preferably one that won't cause my already taxed brain to explode.

Thanks a million for your prayers and any counsel you can offer. Big Grin
Don't even think about having to take another exam now, just focus on the marketing! You will pass. It is a fairly easy clep.

Good Luck!
kianeal Wrote:Hi all,

I'm taking the Principles of Marketing CLEP today at 2:00 P.M. and I'm ridiculously nervous. I MUST pass this or any other CLEP exam in order to graduate at summer's end as I've already been accepted into grad school for the fall. My only study tool has been this website, as most of the reviews I read indicated that the CLEP review books weren't very helpful.

If it turns out that I don't pass this one, is there another exam that anyone would recommend I take? Preferably one that won't cause my already taxed brain to explode.

Thanks a million for your prayers and any counsel you can offer. Big Grin

I was scared the first time I took one of these too and I didn't have graduation on the line like you do! IC rocks, you'll be ok!!! I have confidence you'll pass!
I have 18 traditional credits and 51 exam credits. I've passed Introductory Sociology 76, Introductory Psychology 68, A&I Literature 66, Principles of Marketing 76, Introductory Business Law 71, Social Sciences & History 67, DSST Drug & Alcohol Abuse 450, Biology 69, Principles of Management 70, Natural Sciences 64, Intro to Business DSST 70, Principles of Macroeconomics 67, Principles of Microeconomics 58.
Hi folks,

I'm sorry to report that I didn't pass the Marketing CLEP today. I scored a 56 but NYU requires a 65. This exam is to fulfill an elective class, so does anyone have suggestions for other CLEP exams I should consider? I only have another week in which to get this done.

Thanks for your support!

Kia :eek:
Sorry you didn't get the score you needed. For a very high score IC is often not enough. Sociology is another real easy exam but you'll probably need more than IC to score real high. I studied for 1 day using only the REA book and got a 76! If you can get the REA book quickly, read it all, and then do all the practice tests including reading the detailed answers you'll do better than a 65.
I have 18 traditional credits and 51 exam credits. I've passed Introductory Sociology 76, Introductory Psychology 68, A&I Literature 66, Principles of Marketing 76, Introductory Business Law 71, Social Sciences & History 67, DSST Drug & Alcohol Abuse 450, Biology 69, Principles of Management 70, Natural Sciences 64, Intro to Business DSST 70, Principles of Macroeconomics 67, Principles of Microeconomics 58.
Principles of Management CLEP and Intro to Business DSST were both really easy and you should be able to get the higher score with IC only. I will say though that what is easy is different for all of us. I am 41 so Principles of management and marketting were things I have seen and heard and been apart of over the years, algebra on the other hand was a long time ago. To someone not to far removed from High School, the opposite is probably true.

Good Luck with whatever you come up with.
Ronny Wrote:Sorry you didn't get the score you needed. For a very high score IC is often not enough. Sociology is another real easy exam but you'll probably need more than IC to score real high. I studied for 1 day using only the REA book and got a 76! If you can get the REA book quickly, read it all, and then do all the practice tests including reading the detailed answers you'll do better than a 65.

Thanks, Ronny! I've already taken Sociology so I need to choose from Principles of Management, Human Growth and Development, or Psychology. I guess I'll try Management next. Is there an REA book for that as well?

Enjoy the weekend and I truly appreciate your well wishes and encouragement.
dc67 Wrote:Principles of Management CLEP and Intro to Business DSST were both really easy and you should be able to get the higher score with IC only. I will say though that what is easy is different for all of us. I am 41 so Principles of management and marketting were things I have seen and heard and been apart of over the years, algebra on the other hand was a long time ago. To someone not to far removed from High School, the opposite is probably true.

Good Luck with whatever you come up with.

Thanks, DC! Yes, I'll take the Management CLEP next. I really appreciate the encouragement. Big Grin
kianeal Wrote:Thanks, Ronny! I've already taken Sociology so I need to choose from Principles of Management, Human Growth and Development, or Psychology. I guess I'll try Management next. Is there an REA book for that as well?

Enjoy the weekend and I truly appreciate your well wishes and encouragement.

There is an REA book for that exam. Unfortunately is is written more like a textbook than a quick review guide (It is very long winded and full of time wasting stories). For this CLEP I utilized the free Cliffsnotes articles, the IC questions, and the Peterson's Practice exams online. I scored better than a 65 with just a day and a half of solid study time (12 - 15 hours total).

Here's the link to the Free Cliffsnotes articles. Read all the Cliffsnotes atricles on Management, then go through all the IC cards, and then once you're scoring over 70% - 75% on the practice tests you're probably ready.

Principles of Management - CliffsNotes
OK, I am the FNG here and am learning so now I have a little more knowledge I see that most of my CLEP scores that I need to hit are 50....is that a good thing?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,891 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 498 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 692 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,225 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,072 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CBE Marketing Names sanantone 4 753 07-04-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,841 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,648 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,478 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,400 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az