Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Management CLEP
Has anyone used the Cliffs Notes for this exam just by itself? I looked over at the IC specific feedback forum as well but based on my experience from my last exam, it wasn't too good. Thanks everyone!
Associate of Arts Degree: St. Petersburg College, May 2007
Bachelor of Science Degree: Florida State University, August 2010
Master of Public Administration: South University, June 2011 (or sooner)

CLEP:
Intro to Sociology (52)
Intro to Educational Psychology (?)
I used REA for that one, it worked well enough for me to get a 70 on the marketing test. If you do use the REA books, be sure to do the tests in the back, as there is often additional information in the explanations to the practice exams not covered in the text.

Best of luck,

Aircav
Yes use the REA tests and read every single explanation carefully.
This test is a little heavy on history so you need to know who pioneered scientific management etc.
REA is a great resource for this test. I ended up with a 72 after studying REA and another flaschard site for a week.
Marketing took 2 days to study for since it was pretty simple.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I just passed Management test with the score of 72 and I don't think that using ICert by itself would've been enough. Make sure you go through CLEP sample question and Peterson's tests, they offer material not covered by Instant Cert. Know how to calculate break-even point. I had questions on almost all theories/names that were on the flashcards and a few that were not.
Conflict management - become familiar with major types, including accommodation.
Teams - know forming, storming, norming, performing, adjourning stages.
I was also tested on the following: escalation of commitment, ethical theories, Blake-Mouton managerial grid model.
I hope this helpsSmile
I used the Cliffs notes exclusively for this exam. I found them to be fairly complete. I ended up copying and pasting them into a Word document and then printing and highlighting the text. I cannot read that much material from a screen. The printed notes also proved helpful for the HR management exam as well as Org. Behavior.
I used IC plus forum feedback then did the free Peterson's test that you can get to from free-clep-prep. A lot of people talked about Managerial grid, so I looked that up on Wikipedia. Any term that came up in the forum feedback that wasn't in IC or Petersons, I googled.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
I used exclusively REA and thought it was plenty to prepare me.
[SIZE="1"]
BSBA Gen'l Management-TESC

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]
CLEP's Completed:
Western Civ I&II-62,58 respectively
US History I&II-both 65
Freshman Comp-65
Natural Sciences-51:confused:
Humanities-62
Macro&Micro Eco-66,68 respectively
Social Sciences and History-54
Principles of Marketing-66
American Gov't-61
Intro to Psych-68
Human Growth & Development-63
A&IL-70
P of Management-63
English Comp w/essay-62:hurray:
BizLaw-67

DSST's completed: P of Supervision-452, Orgz'l Behavior-73, HRM-60, Intro to Business-449, Intro to comp'ing-429, MIS-446, M&B-59, P of Finance-427, P of Financial Accounting-64, BizLaw2- 68, Biz Ethics-

ALEK's courses completed:
Pre-calculus
Introduction to Statistics

TECEP's:
Public Relations Thought & Practice
Ops Management
Biz Policy

TESC Courses:
Managerial *Comm*-A
[/SIZE]

Hours so far = [SIZE="4"]123[/SIZE]
Hey guys, I am taking the Principles of Management Clep on May 18th I have taken the class but it was when I was 18 and in my first semester of college. I am now 22 and a senior. I am looking over the flash cards and I recall what they are talking about but as far as specific answers I have had a lot of trouble. I am wondering if InstantCert is the way to go for 18 days of studying. I paid 20 bucks for the membership and do not want to pay for anything else. I am also using free-clep-prep. If you guys have any information or thought that would be great.

Thanks.
I would memorize the managerial theories like it was Scripture from the Bible. I found more questions about the different theories on the test then anything else. Due to that fact, I ended up failing the test with a score of 48. Wasn't too keen about that. If you do a quick search on the forums, though if you can't find it I have copies on my thinkpad, you can find the study guides for the principles of management that another member did up not too long ago.
Grant us wisdom from Thy mind, courage from Thine heart, strength from Thine arm, and protection by Thine hand. It is for Thee that we do battle, and to Thee belongs the victor's crown.
I just took it 2 wks ago. I used instant cert, Peterson's, Cliff Notes & CLEP practice test. Each of these had some new information that the others didn't. I found the test to be very different than anything I expected. My test had more 'practical' situations and trying to relate theories, etc. to these situations. I thought there would be more theorist and what they did, but I only had a couple of questions specifically related to which theorist did what, etc. I was so grateful to pass by 6 points.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 980 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,482 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,896 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,834 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 734 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 692 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 608 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,417 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 2,190 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,225 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket