Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me plan my Gen Ed courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics at SNHU
(07-31-2023, 08:49 AM)rachel83az Wrote: English Comp I takes at least 2-3 weeks to complete. Of the 5 Touchstones, 1 or 2 of them require you to wait for your previous assignment to be returned with a grade before you can submit the next assignment.

For English Comp II, there are 7 Touchstones. All of these (except 1 or 2) require the previous assignments to be returned with a grade before you can submit the next assignment.

You don't want to have both of these classes open at the same time, lest you wind up with literally days of nothing to do. Also, while max of 1 week to grade is the promise, they've dropped the ball on that for English Comp II especially in the past. Some students have wound up waiting 2-3 weeks for a single assignment grade, even as other students report near-instant grading for Touchstone assignments in other classes.
That's ****** up, so I'll have take a 4 month membership with them?
You can have 2 Sophia classes open at once. If you complete other courses while waiting for the grading of the English Comp Touchstones, you might only need 2 or 3 months. But it's probably best to just pay for the 4 month plan ahead of time, if you can, yes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-31-2023, 10:33 AM)ausernameisneeded Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 08:49 AM)rachel83az Wrote: English Comp I takes at least 2-3 weeks to complete. Of the 5 Touchstones, 1 or 2 of them require you to wait for your previous assignment to be returned with a grade before you can submit the next assignment.

For English Comp II, there are 7 Touchstones. All of these (except 1 or 2) require the previous assignments to be returned with a grade before you can submit the next assignment.

You don't want to have both of these classes open at the same time, lest you wind up with literally days of nothing to do. Also, while max of 1 week to grade is the promise, they've dropped the ball on that for English Comp II especially in the past. Some students have wound up waiting 2-3 weeks for a single assignment grade, even as other students report near-instant grading for Touchstone assignments in other classes.

Or you can skip the courses, and take them elsewhere.  SDC has them both, as does the CLEP exam, and some other options.

If it's so ****** up, you can just pay full rack-rate at SNHU.  Or you can be appreciative that there are some cheaper alternatives out there, and chill with the language.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-31-2023, 11:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 10:33 AM)ausernameisneeded Wrote:

Or you can skip the courses, and take them elsewhere.  SDC has them both, as does the CLEP exam, and some other options.

If it's so ****** up, you can just pay full rack-rate at SNHU.  Or you can be appreciative that there are some cheaper alternatives out there, and chill with the language.
No no no, I'm not ungrateful, it just my small bugdet.
Right know I have only $ 100 to spend on 15 courses (Gen Ed + some required ones only available at Sophia)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 5 164 21 minutes ago
Last Post: allvia
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 198 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  EU Bachelor of Professional Studies in Technology Management tonyend2001 2 145 09-16-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: tonyend2001
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 283 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 295 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 147 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM
  Degree Advise/plan Wanted for a Canadian Student nbid 10 567 09-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  SNHU Masters Degree RoliJoli 3 294 09-11-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 11 1,190 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Lightbulb Accelerated Degree Plan For New Career new_start2025+ 12 619 09-08-2024, 11:38 PM