Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passsed!
I passed the Environment and Humanities DSST with a 53 using only IC!
Last night, from 12-3 am I looked over the flash cards (once) and this discussion forum (best thing ever invented! I couldnt have done it without your help!!!)
and for a half hour before my test I reviewed the notes that someone posted.
It was my first test and I was really nervous but thanks to you, I passed!!!!
Only 5 more to go..........!!!!!!!!!!
Great job!!! So glad to hear that you passed... and with very minimal study time too.

For the tougher tests, you may want to spend a bit longer, but all that counts right now is that you have 3 credits under your belt!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Great job!!!!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
congrats!! :hurray:
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
ger7y Wrote:I passed the Environment and Humanities DSST with a 53 using only IC!
Last night, from 12-3 am I looked over the flash cards (once) and this discussion forum (best thing ever invented! I couldnt have done it without your help!!!)
and for a half hour before my test I reviewed the notes that someone posted.
It was my first test and I was really nervous but thanks to you, I passed!!!!
Only 5 more to go..........!!!!!!!!!!

Holy smokes, I studied for 2.5 weeks for my 1st test (US History 1). We definitely handle nervousness differently, lol!

The important thing is that you passed and to top it off, you only had to invest about an hour of study per credit to get those three credits, congrats!!

Goal: BSBA in CIS

1[SIZE=1]20
credits required, 33 to go!
Started testing 8/8/11

SOURCE
[/SIZE]([SIZE=1]CREDITS)
Navy Nuclear Field
[/SIZE]([SIZE=1]34) - Various Credits/Classes
[/SIZE]
CLEP (39)
US History I (70) - 8/8/11 | US History II (67) - 8/22/11 | A&I Literature (70) - 9/22/11 | College Comp (61) - 9/26/11 | Macroeconomics (71) - 10/12/11 | Microeconomics (58) - 10/12/11 | Principles of Management (64) - 11/10/11 | Information Sys & Comp Apps (67) - 11/10/11
| Marketing (69) - 3/19/12 | Sociology (58) - 3/19/12 | Business Law (69) - 3/4/1[SIZE=1]3[/SIZE]

DSST (15)
Money & Banking (70) - 10/27/11
Statistics (466) - 01/30/12
HRM (63) -
03/06/12
Org Beha[SIZE=1]vor (55) - 04/03/12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Busines[SIZE=1]s E[SIZE=1]thics & Soc [/SIZE][/SIZE](447) - 03/19/13[/SIZE]

Next up: 30 days of Straighter[SIZE=1]line for Accounting I[SIZE=1], Accounting
II & Business Communication[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Congratulations. Don't you love the feeling? Okay, get over you. Start studying for your next test!
Cant get over myself! Wink
I already have 89 credits (and I graduated HS in 2010)
But these tests are definitely more annoying than sitting in a college class!
I think I'm taking 2 tests tomorrow- analyzing and interpreting literature CLEP and Astronomy DSST. I heard Lit is easy but hows Astronomy? I didnt hear too much talk on it...
Thanks!
ger7y Wrote:I think I'm taking 2 tests tomorrow- analyzing and interpreting literature CLEP and Astronomy DSST. I heard Lit is easy but hows Astronomy? I didnt hear too much talk on it... Thanks!
Any test is easy if you're very familiar with the material. A&I Lit was tough for me because I wasn't, and I wanted a high score. I haven't taken the Astronomy DSST (though I am thinking about it) but the feedback I've read is that its can be fairly tough. Free-CLEP-prep gives it a 3 out of 5 for difficulty, which isn't too bad.

I tend to judge the difficulty of tests by how long it takes to study for. From what I've read, it seems like Lit takes most folks a few days or less (since most people are already somewhat familiar with it), but for Astronomy it seems like it takes multiple weeks if you're coming in cold. Each person is different though, so your mileage may vary.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador