Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed EC Ethics
Congratulations!
Kiwi Lover Wrote:I took EC Ethics yesterday and came out with a "B"...

JoAnne Smile

Way to go JoAnne! Wonderful feedback also. Thanks!

Librevore
Kate
BS Psychology
Moved from Specific Exam Feedback:

Stunner Wrote:Where do I get all these practice exams at? Everybody keeps saying you can pay $60 and get these. Could you post a link. And do they help with other tests also besides ethics? Let me know thanks
Stunner,

You can access the Excelsior practice exams by going into Excelsior's website and selecting "Excelsior College Examinations" at the top of the first page. Here is a direct link for you: https://www.excelsior.edu/portal/page?_p...ema=PORTAL

You must be signed up the actual exam before you can use the practice exams.

I have only used the practice exam for the Ethics exam, so I can't answer you regarding how helpful they are with other exams. Hopefully some other IC members can answer that question for you. However, going by my own experience with the practice Ethics exam, I would think that the other practice exams are also helpful.

JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Congrats on passing!! Big Grin Keep up the great work!
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
hunter2115 Wrote:Passed EC Ethics today with an A. My recommendation is to know the instacert material, and most definately spend the bucks for the EC practice exam. On my exam, almost 1/2 of the scenerios were word for word right off the practice exams (the questions themselves were a little different). Overall, this exam wasn't too difficult. Just be sure to know the basics- like utilitarianism, kantianism, existentialism. Follow the exam outline. Four classes to go! Next up- Principles of Finance. I was going to take a bricks and mortar class, but now I'm thinking about the DSST exam.Rolleyes

Where is the link to the EC practice exam? Smile
You have to go on the Excelsior website and on the right side of the webpage is the link to the practice exams. The link wouldn't work because you have to be logged in. I forgot how much they cost. You get two practice exams.
B.S. Liberal Arts
Excelsior College
Magna Cum Laude
Great, thank you barbara!!
I just registered for the Excelsior Ethics: Theory and Practice course. Anyone have a recommended text or read? Quick and simple is best. I will also take the practice exam but after I've read up a little. I also see where a previous member stated to "use the instacert material". What does that mean? Simply take the recommendation of the bloggers or are there other resources elsewhere on this site?

Thanks in advance for the help!
InstantCert.com: Prospective Students

http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...t-ece.html
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
I took the exam a few days ago and got a BBig Grin . I bought 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to Ethics' for $20, which was really good. And I bought the practice exams, took them and reviewed them each a couple times. Those were DEFINTELY useful, and one of the scenarios on the practice exam was on my actual exam, so I was able to fly through 7 questions knowing what the answers were! I'm a science girl so I found ethics to be more difficult, and reviewing the practice exams and the explanations of the answers really made a huge difference.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,704 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 814 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 939 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,071 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,798 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 921 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 3,275 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Biz Ethics UL vs SL Biz Ethics LL? etc. SCYankee 8 1,752 02-27-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Any suggestions for Ethics ChilliDawg 16 4,949 10-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question Idreamofadegree 4 1,564 07-12-2019, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Idreamofadegree