Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh really? Student sells eggs to pay off debt...
I'd rather sell eggs.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • Library2HospitalChaplain, louise, ss20ts
(05-18-2022, 12:33 AM)jsd Wrote: I'd rather sell eggs.

Me too. LOL.

Glossary
LOL = Laughing Out Loud
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 4 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • jsd, Library2HospitalChaplain, louise, ss20ts
As far as I'm aware, selling eggs is usually a pretty safe (if uncomfortable) medical procedure. It's over and done with in a month or two. The same cannot be said of entering the military. I'm all for people joining the military if they really want to. I am not for people being forced to do so.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Library2HospitalChaplain, ss20ts
She chose to take out massive loans for education. She failed to determine how she would be able to afford to pay them back. Yet, somehow, it’s not her fault and older generations just don’t understand how she has it so much harder. She took absolutely no ownership of her own choices that led her to where she is right now. There are thousands of colleges out there at a wide range of price points. There are jobs out there that will pay in part or in full for your degree. I can’t believe someone can be so dumb yet hold a Master’s Degree.
I might have more sympathy for her if she actually learned from her missteps and took ownership of her own choices.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ifomonay
(05-18-2022, 12:22 AM)bluebooger Wrote: > IF the military accepted her......  

she had a college degree          
if she's healthy enough to walk up a flight of stairs they would have accepted her
That is an absolutely false. Either you know it is false and you are intentionally spreading false information or you are ignorant on this subject. In either case, please stop. It is insulting to the tremendous number of people who are “healthy” but are not able to serve because the United States military has fairly high standards. You are also, indirectly, insulting our men and women in uniform by implying that to become one of them doesn’t require high standards.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 3 users Like freeloader's post:
  • LevelUP, Library2HospitalChaplain, rachel83az
If we would sell eggs in the UK I would have done it.
[quote pid='367014' dateline='1652876410']
(05-18-2022, 12:22 AM)bluebooger Wrote: > IF the military accepted her......  

she had a college degree          
if she's healthy enough to walk up a flight of stairs they would have accepted her

[/quote]

People with asthma can walk up a flight of stairs.
People with knee issues can walk up a flight of stairs.
People with back issues can walk up a flight of stairs. 
People with hip issues can walk up a flight of stairs.
People who are overweight can walk up a flight of stairs.
A 3 year old can walk up a flight of stairs.
Blind people can walk up a flight of stairs.
Deaf people can walk up a flight of stairs.

NONE of these people would be accepted into the military. There is FAR more to acceptance than walking up a flight of stairs. And once again not everyone wants to join the military. It is not a good fit for everyone.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Library2HospitalChaplain, rachel83az
I took the ASVAB https://www.todaysmilitary.com/joining-e...asvab-test in high school in the 80s because it was being offered for free. I scored extremely high both for my age and sex and overall, including a 99 in the electrical and electronics that showed no range change if I took it again. 

When the recruiters kept calling and mailing me, I then explained about my congenital heart condition and all of the offers disappeared. I lived in a three-story home at the time. 

NO, the military is not an answer for everyone, even if they're otherwise qualified. I couldn't even sell eggs like the article, the heart problems are genetic in origin. March of Dimes, take your prenatal vitamins to prevent birth defects? My mother would've had to take overdoses for her for me to get sufficient vitamins to prevent these birth defects.
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
[-] The following 4 users Like Library2HospitalChaplain's post:
  • jsd, LevelUP, rachel83az, ss20ts
(05-18-2022, 06:46 AM)Vle045 Wrote: She chose to take out massive loans for education.  She failed to determine how she would be able to afford to pay them back.  Yet, somehow, it’s not her fault and older generations just don’t understand how she has it so much harder.  She took absolutely no ownership of her own choices that led her to where she is right now.  There are thousands of colleges out there at a wide range of price points.   There are jobs out there that will pay in part or in full for your degree.  I can’t believe someone can be so dumb yet hold a Master’s Degree.
I might have more sympathy for her if she actually learned from her missteps and took ownership of her own choices.

Yup. And she's wondering why no one wants to hire her. I can imagine her answering the question, "Tell me a time that your decision didn't work out as planned. How did you respond?" She's the kind who would say "I don't make mistakes. In fact, others screw up and I'm the one who has to clean up their mess!" I wouldn't hire someone who can't learn and grow. Too risky. Apparently, her fix in not getting a job is to tack on more degrees. She can get all the degrees she wants, but employers will know she has a toxic attitude.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ifomonay's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First AI supercomputer for Georgia Tech student. Imbanewbie 3 278 04-22-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Gaince
  Seattle and Sydney Student News... bjcheung77 1 195 02-21-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Amazing Student - High IQ bjcheung77 3 373 02-16-2024, 03:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 431 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 866 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  US student visa issuances now exceed pre-COVID levels bjcheung77 1 399 12-26-2023, 04:17 AM
Last Post: RavindraNagai
  Oopsie, student is attending the wrong institution... bjcheung77 2 423 10-15-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  NYC college student gets 1yr prison sentence in Dubai for touching security guard LevelUP 5 606 10-06-2023, 10:25 AM
  I want Modern States to be in every student’s wheelhouse bjcheung77 0 387 09-28-2023, 11:36 AM
  Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness "plan" LevelUP 2 643 07-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone