Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Expressing many, many, many Thanks!
I have taken 3 cleps so far, earning 9 college credits within a month, and it feels GREAT!
I can not thank you all on here enough, the regular (and not so regular) posters whose replies on this wonderful forum have given me invaluable information and support!

I've been lurking all this time because 99.9% of my question have already been posted and answered.

Just taking a break from studying and reading the supportive and encouraging replies to others makes me feel more confident about my goals, and so happy to have found this place.
I look forward to sharing any input now that I feel a bit more "seasoned".

You all , seriously, ROCK! Smile
liarock Wrote:I have taken 3 cleps so far, earning 9 college credits within a month, and it feels GREAT!
I can not thank you all on here enough, the regular (and not so regular) posters whose replies on this wonderful forum have given me invaluable information and support!

I've been lurking all this time because 99.9% of my question have already been posted and answered.

Just taking a break from studying and reading the supportive and encouraging replies to others makes me feel more confident about my goals, and so happy to have found this place.
I look forward to sharing any input now that I feel a bit more "seasoned".

You all , seriously, ROCK! Smile

Congrats on earning 9 credits in a month!! That MUST be a good feeling.
Which exams did you pass?
Keep going strong.............
I agree this sight can really make a difference, the people are so supportive and informative. Fellow ICers are the best "classmates" anyone could ask for.

How many more test are you planning?
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Taking first exam wed, any suggestions on study guides other than flash cards. Getting eye strain:eek:

thanks
I've taken Intro Sociology 76
Intro Psych 67
US History 1 68 (most challenging for me)

First I check out older edition college texts from college library (newest editions are "reserved" cannot be taken home.) I choose ones with lots of pictures/maps/diagrams, that don't seem too "dry" to read.

Second, I watch any videos/documentaries online to build interest and get pictures in my head. This beats the "eye strain", and even if you don't use the specifics, the reading makes more sense after watching something.

Third, I read text, SKIMMING and taking notes on important high lights that I won't remember.

Next, IC Flash Card Time

Last I practice test, looking up in text/wiki on concepts/people of questions I got wrong.

I review notes and take practice tests till I am satisfied that I have most of it down. Make up some acronyms to remember people/place.

Then I test ASAP! My brain hurts keeping that info in, I often schedule a test the day before, the minute i feel ready and sick of reviewing, best advice on here: Do not wait!

Lindagerr- Thank you! I need 6 more tests. My college accepts 30 clep credits. A whole year of classes! This is almost too good to be true!

Frankiebleyes- Good Luck! Don't go on empty stomach, don't stress, you will be surprised how much easier the actual cleps are compared to practice tests. Ask for scrap paper, some questions will have info/clue to other answers. Keep in mind NO ONE is expected to know all the questions. Some questions are "trail " questions, you won't be scored for them, keep that in mind when you encounter a ridiculous question, or something with 2 obvious correct answers you cannot choose from.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Newbie Question Hawaii5oh 4 1,270 01-21-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Typically newbie: Heres my transcript! What should I do? zebra cow 30 4,085 12-13-2019, 11:44 PM
Last Post: zebra cow
  BALS/BSLS Plan Help for a Newbie? HMohamed12 9 2,179 09-11-2019, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Tlm
  Questions from a Newbie Wildandcrazykids 3 1,674 03-06-2019, 09:49 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Newbie with Clep Biology Question Mom23boys 9 2,292 02-27-2019, 01:48 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Overwhelmed Newbie! Where to start? CiggyTardust 15 3,633 01-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Interested in mentoring a Newbie? Idreamofadegree 10 2,698 05-28-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Guidance for Newbie katelynn 9 2,129 05-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Last Post: katelynn
  Newbie here Meganmiha 8 2,330 10-29-2017, 12:05 AM
  [Newbie Question] Seeking undergrad in Neuroscience neuroscience 11 4,480 10-02-2017, 12:21 PM