Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here!
(10-02-2024, 06:19 AM)MissRN Wrote:
(10-01-2024, 10:57 PM)Harrynguyen Wrote: Hey guys, I just got Study.com but I don't understand how it works. I'm doing the placement test, so you skip all the tests due to prior knowledge so what are you really learning and studying for? I don't get it cause its not like flashcards where you could review it.  Thanks.

The placement test is used to skip over knowledge you already know. It will cut off once you get to like 80% of the course or cut off when it deems your knowledge is limited and must go through the remaining lessons you didn't test out of. It's considered to make the course quicker as it shortens the material needed to review for the exam.

Basically, all Study.com classes are going to be split into 3 equally weighted components of quizzes, final exam, and assignments (if any). You go through them in that particular order, the placement portion is to see if you can quickly test out what you may know and can get you anywhere from 30+ percent of the entire course complete.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
So, I've done all the quizzes. How does the proctor exam work? Would I be able to do a proctor exam at night or could I schedule when to do it at like a date and time?
(10-06-2024, 09:24 PM)Harrynguyen Wrote: So, I've done all the quizzes. How does the proctor exam work? Would I be able to do a proctor exam at night or could I schedule when to do it at like a date and time?

Basically, it's anytime you want to take the exam, I've crammed 3 exams from midnight to 4 am before... You'll just need to download the RPNow (PSI) software and go through the exam, I've done many with an older laptop, you shouldn't run into any issues, the software just opens a built in browser and blocks everything else.  You need to show your picture ID and a spin around the room for your exam space to be reviewed...  Overall, RPNow is so much better than ProctorU, I did a similar 3 exams crammed with ProctorU and had headaches due to those proctors not knowing what they're supposed to do.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Harrynguyen