Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New credit sources on Coursera
(08-18-2022, 01:28 PM)AllThose299s Wrote: I finished the IBM Data Analysis and Visualization Foundations Specialization, waiting for coursera to issue the badge and then I'll send it to TESU.

Took coursera 4 days after I contacted support for them to issue the badge to me, but they issued the badge without the ACE endorsement (https://www.credly.com/org/ibm/badge/dat...ialization) instead of issuing the Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations Specialization (V2) which has the ACE endorsement (https://www.credly.com/org/ibm/badge/dat...ization-v2). 

So I followed up with support pointing this out to them asking if they could help me with it and they replied with the following:

Quote:Upon further investigation of your request, we found that the ACE endorsement you have mentioned is only applicable for another IBM Specialization.

The ones that include the ACE endorsement through Coursera are:  At the moment you have completed 3 out 9 of the Courses in the IBM Data Analyst specialization so you would need to complete the rest of the courses to get your ACE-endorsed Credly Badge for this new specialization.

In case there is something else we can help you with today, please do not hesitate to let us know.

I guess I'll have to follow up with them again and point out on their own site (https://www.coursera.org/specializations...oundations) that they state that the Data Analysis and Visualization Foundations Specialization is ACE approved and can earn up to 9 college credits which is the same amount of credits shown on the Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations Specialization (V2) badge on credly unlike the 3 listed ACE endorsement courses that they want requesting for me to complete.
In Progress:
TESU:
BA Computer Science (118/121)
SoonCapstone

Completed: AS in Mathematics, Certificate in Computer Information Systems

TESU: 6 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540)
Coursera: 39 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics, IBM Full Stack Software Developer)
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus)
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government)
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits
Sophia.org: 49 Credits
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits
B&M College: 105.34 Credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes AllThose299s's post:
  • Pikachu
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

IBM Data Analysis and Visualization Foundations Specialization

Credit Recommendation & Competencies
Level Credits (SH) Subject
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 introduction to data analytics
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 advanced data analytics
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 intermediate data visualization
This course is being recommended for 3 semester hours in the lower-division and a total of 6 semester hours in the upper-division
(08-23-2022, 10:10 AM)bluebooger Wrote: https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

IBM Data Analysis and Visualization Foundations Specialization

Credit Recommendation & Competencies
Level Credits (SH) Subject
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 introduction to data analytics
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 advanced data analytics
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 intermediate data visualization
This course is being recommended for 3 semester hours in the lower-division and a total of 6 semester hours in the upper-division

I know that I can see the Credit Recommendation on ACE's website. I just don't know if TESU would give me any hassle for sending them a credly transcript that doesn't have the credit recommendation on it... I guess I'll give it a try and send the transcript to TESU and see if they apply the credits or if they push back, hopefully coursera support will have the correct badge assigned to me by the time TESU reviews the credly transcript.
In Progress:
TESU:
BA Computer Science (118/121)
SoonCapstone

Completed: AS in Mathematics, Certificate in Computer Information Systems

TESU: 6 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540)
Coursera: 39 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics, IBM Full Stack Software Developer)
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus)
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government)
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits
Sophia.org: 49 Credits
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits
B&M College: 105.34 Credits
(08-23-2022, 10:41 AM)AllThose299s Wrote: .

no, I'm saying that link is what you should be showing to coursera support

coursera said "Upon further investigation of your request, we found that the ACE endorsement you have mentioned is only applicable for another IBM Specialization."

well obviously they are wrong          
you should show them that this specialization does indeed have ACE endorsement
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • AllThose299s
Just finished the AWIT Cloud Product Management specialization and didn't get a badge for mine either. I just sent a message to support about it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda
TESU gave me 9 credits for Google Data Analytics certificate instead of 12 like the Wiki says. I did not get COS-206 R Programming, but I got the other three (ITS-130, ITS-199, and ITS-231). For me that was probably a waste a time because of having ITS-130 from Sophia and I wanted R Programming.

I believe that a different IBM certificate may give R Programming credit, the one with R and Excel in the title. However, the IBM certificate seems much more involved than Google's. I am still working on it.

For the IBM Data Analysis and Visualization Foundations Specialization, TESU gave me 9 credits as well. They are DSI-200 Interpretive Data Analysis, DSI-299 Special Topics in Data Sci/Analyt, and DSI-399 Special Topics in Data Sci/Analyt.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • AllThose299s, Pikachu
I got the same for the DSI credits I was hoping itd apply toward my electives for a CS major but did not apply at all. I did the IBM fullstack Dev cert too and they gave me nothing yet its been evaluated since 08/05. I was really hoping to use the UL credits but I guess it's a waste in the long haul.
(08-23-2022, 10:56 PM)cizzie Wrote: I got the same for the DSI credits I was hoping itd apply toward my electives for a CS major but did not apply at all. I did the IBM fullstack Dev cert too and they gave me nothing yet its been evaluated since 08/05. I was really hoping to use the UL credits but I guess it's a waste in the long haul.

Yeah, they aren't giving very much and the credits are more generic.

(08-23-2022, 08:53 PM)Ideas Wrote: For the IBM Data Analysis and Visualization Foundations Specialization, TESU gave me 9 credits as well. They are DSI-200 Interpretive Data Analysis, DSI-299 Special Topics in Data Sci/Analyt, and DSI-399 Special Topics in Data Sci/Analyt.

ACE said "1 LL data science, 3 LL intro to python programming, 2 LL intro to SQL programming, 2 LL intro to statistics in Python", but none of the credits I got from TESU were Python / SQL / programming. However, at least I can tell employers that the "Special Topics" were mostly Python and SQL.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-23-2022, 10:56 PM)cizzie Wrote: I got the same for the DSI credits I was hoping itd apply toward my electives for a CS major but did not apply at all. I did the IBM fullstack Dev cert too and they gave me nothing yet its been evaluated since 08/05. I was really hoping to use the UL credits but I guess it's a waste in the long haul.

It seems the DSI doesn't count toward the DS major either.  Which doesn't make much sense because TESU has a DSI-200 course, which apparently doesn't count toward the degree?

Also if anyone is interested, if you finish the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate (which encompasses Applied Data Science and Data Science Foundations), the total comes back as 205 Python Programming 3hr (x2), 210 SQL 3hr, DSI 200 interpretive data analysis, DSI 299 Topics 6hrs. The SQL and Python were somewhat useful but I only actually needed one and I was hoping a DSI Upper would apply to CS, but no UL and it wouldn't apply apparently anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes spohara's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-23-2022, 11:03 PM)Ideas Wrote:

Yeah, they aren't giving very much and the credits are more generic.

(08-23-2022, 08:53 PM)Ideas Wrote: For the IBM Data Analysis and Visualization Foundations Specialization, TESU gave me 9 credits as well. They are DSI-200 Interpretive Data Analysis, DSI-299 Special Topics in Data Sci/Analyt, and DSI-399 Special Topics in Data Sci/Analyt.

ACE said "1 LL data science, 3 LL intro to python programming, 2 LL intro to SQL programming, 2 LL intro to statistics in Python", but none of the credits I got from TESU were Python / SQL / programming. However, at least I can tell employers that the "Special Topics" were mostly Python and SQL.

Did you do both "Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations Specialization" and "Data Science Fundamentals w/ Python and SQL"? The first one is 9 credits and ACE doesn't mention Python or SQL. The second one is 8 credits and ACE does mention Python & SQL.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Latin Credit Chimera 3 258 08-30-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Cheap Upper-Level History Credit Miggies 9 712 07-24-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: wow
Question Have any of y'all gotten Sophia credit at a Tennessee State school? tennessee123 1 280 06-26-2024, 11:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up IBM certificates now part of Coursera Plus Pikachu 4 455 06-05-2024, 08:30 PM
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 15 2,864 05-08-2024, 07:32 PM
  Biology & Chemistry Online for College Credit? Spaceghost 3 471 05-08-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Coursera Coupon akr680 4 875 04-25-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 1,543 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 4,209 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 3,302 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM