Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New courses for Penn Foster on ACE?
Noticed some new courses with Penn Foster on ACE. Such as speech? One new CJ course that got ACE reviewed... Than I see Advance composition (ENG 300) ? Never seen these courses before on the ACE website with Penn Foster. Maybe they have been on ACE the whole time with different names? Can anyone confirm?

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
It looks to me sorting by Ace Course # that ICS-211 through ICS-243 are new (credit recommendations effective 3/11), which is a total of 17 courses. ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training

There are a number of new business courses , some at upper level.- eg:Legal Environment of Business (BUS 315) ,Corporate Finance (FIN 310),Strategic Business Management (BUS 425)
Thanks for the information on Penn Foster and ACE.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Though some of the classes seem to be upper level at Penn Foster, the ACE recommendation for them is lower level.
Do you need the pre-reqs recommended by PennFoster to take these courses?

Is there actually a way to take these individually? I'm curious about some of the UL PennFoster courses.
---Graduatedt Excelsior - BS - General Business - Conferred August 2012---

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011
March was when ACE started reviewing Penn Foster courses to be added. I remember calling and they said it could take several months or possibly after summer to have more new courses for ACE to be completed. I was told the bachelor program of criminal justice and business we're going to be totally ACE reviewed. Maybe this is just the beginning and more courses are on it's way to be ACE reviewed. Good news to start off with folks!

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
That is excellent news! Penn Foster for those of you who don't know offers at your own pace courses that include a book for about 300 bucks. The courses usually consist of a series of unproctored online chapter tests and an unproctored or proctored final.
They are accepted by Thomas Edison and others. I think they are a great way to pick up credits such as systems analysis for CIS majors and Financial Management for business majors.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:That is excellent news! Penn Foster for those of you who don't know offers at your own pace courses that include a book for about 300 bucks. The courses usually consist of a series of unproctored online chapter tests and an unproctored or proctored final.
They are accepted by Thomas Edison and others. I think they are a great way to pick up credits such as systems analysis for CIS majors and Financial Management for business majors.

How does one sign up for Penn Foster courses? Doesn't seem as easy as say, Straighterline is. I read previously that generally it takes a phone call. Would I need to pay for application/enrollment fees if I just want to take just 3 classes (not listed in the individual course list)?

Thanks in advance!

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011
durandtheman Wrote:How does one sign up for Penn Foster courses? Doesn't seem as easy as say, Straighterline is. I read previously that generally it takes a phone call. Would I need to pay for application/enrollment fees if I just want to take just 3 classes (not listed in the individual course list)?

Thanks in advance!

Independent students sign up for these courses by contacting the Industrial/Business # 1-800-233-0259
http://www.workforcedevelopment.com/index.html
http://www.pennfostercollege.edu/college-catalog.html

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Independent students sign up for these courses by contacting the Industrial/Business # 1-800-233-0259
http://www.workforcedevelopment.com/index.html
http://www.pennfostercollege.edu/college-catalog.html

Excellent! Thanks bricabrac! I'm gonna call them tomorrow!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,441 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,084 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,075 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,731 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,231 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,728 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,384 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,534 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  TEEX Courses at TESU BSLIONS 25 6,787 06-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Excelsior Ethics courses radconjohn 10 3,000 06-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Last Post: dfrecore