Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New and need help
Long time reader and first time poster,

I am slowly working on my degree and could use some help. 

I applied for study.com scholarship and completed ALEKS courses while they were certified but have not forwarded them from ACE into TESU( should i send them now or wait till I finish with study and SL and send all together? )
In addition I sent in my transcripts into WES to get them evaluated and forwarded to TESU

I have attached academic evaluation from TESU and also degree plan i found on here and attempted to modify but not sure I did a good job and need some help. 

I know i have to take at least 1 course from study.com to get partner discount from TESU and if I do not get scholarship will take two courses for $199 and if at all possible would like to take rest of my remaining classes from straighterline. Is that possible with classes i have remaining?

Thank you very much.

Attached Files
.pdf   academic evaluation1.pdf (Size: 106.47 KB / Downloads: 21)
.pdf   Bella BABS GM - Sheet1.pdf (Size: 29.68 KB / Downloads: 20)
First, you should use Excel to do your plan, since the document you used seems like a Word doc or something like that.  Excel will add for you.

Second, you can send your ACE transcript to TESU as often as you'd like, but I personally wouldn't do it until I have a lot more courses on there, since the costs add up.  But it's up to you how often.

Third, I'm a bit confused by what TESU has on your eval for a few courses.  They show credits in parentheses, which normally means those courses are planned in.  But I'm not sure if you planned those, or told them something, or if they're waiting for more info, or what.  Do you know what those 5 courses are all about?

Financial Acctg Report II (ACC-202)
Advanced Accounting II (ACC-402)
Mathematics of Investments (FIN-321)
Quantitative Techn in Business (OPM-352)
Management Advisory Services (MAN-399)

The reason I ask is because they are mostly UL and harder to find courses, so it would be great if they were coming in at some point.

Here is a spreadsheet updated with your courses.  The courses in question are in blue, everything completed is green.

Attached Files
.xlsx   pipalica TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 46.21 KB / Downloads: 11)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I forgot to mention courses in parentheses require Demonstration of Currency to be credited and since I have been out of college so long and not in the field to provide certificates to credit those I will need to retake them.

Can those courses be taken through study or SL?

Thank you dfrecore

-hubby stayed logged into his account, sorry for confusion
Bella, my Filipina friend, where are you currently located, are you in the US? I see you've used WES to evaluate those credentials. I looked at your degree evaluation/path, I think you're closer to a BSBA Accounting than you are the BSBA General Management at first glimpse...

There are so many "other" courses that are Accounting. You may want to see if you can use the "What If" and check to verify that you have more credits there. Other than that, you're just missing a few more credits to complete the degree. Heck, if those courses go through properly, you can get an Accounting/GM double AOS. But that's another story...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I started on this journey after my husband ilovecredits found your site. I took tecep for capstone with him and ALEKS courses. We figured would be easy to do it together. We live in NY but want to finish my degree and get a job as soon as possible.
(01-13-2018, 09:29 PM)ilovecredits Wrote: I forgot to mention courses in parentheses require Demonstration of Currency to be credited and since I have been out of college so long and not in the field to provide certificates to credit those I will need to retake them.

Can those courses be taken through study or SL?

Thank you dfrecore

Ah.  I wasn't sure.  Yes, you can just take different courses instead, and those will get "kicked out" of the AOS.  I had some of those too.

Just take 3 courses from your AOS from Study.com/SL.  Make sure you cover 2 more areas (MAN, MAR or FIN) and get 2 UL courses.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think i found "what if" option under academic evaluation . I picked BSBA Accounting from drop down menu but formatting is little off on results page. I attached pdf. I am so much closer to graduating with Accounting option, I was not aware it has same capstone as GM. 

I am little thrown off since couple sections have (Pending completion of unfinished activity) but no credits in parenthesis like in GM academic evaluation. Is it cause i am using What if option.

Attached Files
.pdf   bsba accounting_Redacted.pdf (Size: 48.57 KB / Downloads: 8)
(01-13-2018, 09:52 PM)pipalica Wrote: I think i found "what if" option under academic evaluation . I picked BSBA Accounting from drop down menu but formatting is little off on results page. I attached pdf. I am so much closer to graduating with Accounting option, I was not aware it has same capstone as GM. 

I am little thrown off since couple sections have (Pending completion of unfinished activity) but no credits in parenthesis like in GM academic evaluation. Is it cause i am using What if option.

The change is because they're not kicking out the old credits that won't be used in a real eval.

Here's an updated spreadsheet, with GM and then 2 different options for Accounting.

Attached Files
.xlsx   pipalica TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 113.7 KB / Downloads: 6)
So, I was right, you've got BOTH the AOS for GM/Accounting - If you follow your original Spreadsheet of doing two Study.com courses, that would be your best plan of action (to get the Study.com discount on waiver). You're just missing the Study.com Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising and Study.com Business 306: Strategic Human Resource Management.

If you prefer to go with another alternative course such as Business 311: Project Management, they all go into TESU as UL courses. You have to take *Business 309 MAR or *Hospitality 301 MAR, the courses below are options if you don't want to go with Business 306 MAN.

*Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising MAR-441 : Marketing with Digital and Social Media
*Hospitality 301: Hospitality Marketing HMM-316 : Hospitality Marketing

Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management HRM-362 : Human Resources Development
Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior MAN-312 : Advanced Organizational Behavior
Business 308: Globalization & International Management MAN-372 : International Management

Business 311: Project Management MAN-435 : Project Management
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management OPM-301 : Operations Management
Business 314: Employment Law LAW-340 : Employment Law
Business 315: Logistics & Supply Chain Management OPM-420 : Supply Chain Management
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
thank you both so much for all your help and quick replies
You have been valuable resource for both and my husbands journey towards the degree from TESU.