Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help interpreting clep scores
Hi all,
I scored 59 on the college algebra clep and really want to know was this considered a B or a C: if it was a C I want to try it again in 6 months. If it was a B. then everythings OK. Also, I scored 59 in Us His 2(clep) and need to know is that a B too.
Thanks in advance for helping!!
Here is the chart you want for B-level CLEP scores:

https://clep.collegeboard.org/develop/ace-credit

Does your school require higher scores to earn credit? If so, you'll need to get the requirement for the passing scores directly from them. If not, I do not see the need to retake the tests.

There are other ways, like ALEKS and Khan Academy, to increase your knowledge of Algebra so that you can be more comfortable with higher-level math classes.

Congratulations on passing both exams!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
jgbenjamin Wrote:Hi all,
I scored 59 on the college algebra clep and really want to know was this considered a B or a C: if it was a C I want to try it again in 6 months. If it was a B. then everythings OK. Also, I scored 59 in Us His 2(clep) and need to know is that a B too.
Thanks in advance for helping!!

If your college awards letter grades, I'd be very interested in the name of your school (you can send it to me privately) because I've never heard of a college awarding grades for CLEP scores.
It looks like K-State still gives grades for a few CLEP exams. See the pdf at the bottom of this page:

https://www.k-state.edu/undergradadmit/clep.html

The OP may be homeschooling, so I don't know how that works as far as needing to retake exams to improve grades.

Edit to add: I just noticed that K-State is using different scores than the CLEP chart previously posted to determine the grades, so the OPs score would count as a B for College Algebra.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
OK: I am homeschooled; this is my high school graduation year 2016. I will be sending my scores to North Atlantic Regional High School in Lewiston, Maine. College algebra clep was my 4th and last math credit that will be on my highschool transcript. I am sure that I am going to college though I'm not quite sure where. SOoo, the most immediate benefit of Cleping for me is high school credit. I do not want to ruin my GPA of 3.75 (approximate it's still in the making)with any of these CLEPS. And yes, I do have credits from regular coursework other than just CLEP.http://www.degreeforum.net/images/icons/icon10.png

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 228 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,891 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 692 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,225 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,072 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,841 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,478 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,400 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,671 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,898 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser