Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need an AA in less than 12 months
(10-18-2024, 11:19 AM)ajcolmer Wrote:
(10-18-2024, 10:49 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Why not just go for the BABA with Management Concentration from UMPI? There aren't many AA programs that will be cheaper or faster than many of the bachelor's degrees we discuss on here.

Define test out of courses. UMass is a 4 year college in Amherst, MA. They offer bachelor's and master's degrees. Are you possibly thinking of UMass Global? That's not UMass. It was Brandman University which was purchased and turned into UMass Global. It's in California not Massachusetts. It's a CBE program. There aren't a ton of exams in the program as the course are mostly written assignments.

This is why I came here! I did mean UMass Global, sorry for the confusion! The 9 month BA guy said that the fastest way to complete courses is to not listen to any lectures, do not buy books or attend study groups, but to learn the material via other sources on the internet, then write your essays or takes your tests to prove your knowledge and move on to the next course. It seemed too good to be true. Can you tell me more about UMPI and why you recommend it?

What he is saying to do isn't as easy as it sounds. You need to score high enough to pass the courses. Also you don't learn anything. So what good is the degree? If you complete a degree in horseback riding and are seeking a career as a horse trainer, companies interviewing you are going to assume you have knowledge about horses, but if you do what he says then you won't learn anything about horses and won't be easily employable. 

Many people have completed their bachelor's degree at UMPI in a year and some have completed it in less time. There are degree plans on here for UMPI. You'd take as many credits from Sophia as you can transfer to UMPI - just about maxing out the 90 transfer credits and you'd complete at least 30 credits at UMPI. There's an entire channel on here dedicated to UMPI. You can read all about it on there. 

Here's the website for YourPace which is the program many of us have completed at UMPI. Myself included.

https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • jch

Messages In This Thread
Need an AA in less than 12 months - by ajcolmer - 10-18-2024, 10:35 AM
RE: Need an AA in less than 12 months - by ss20ts - 10-18-2024, 10:49 AM
RE: Need an AA in less than 12 months - by ss20ts - 10-18-2024, 11:52 AM
RE: Need an AA in less than 12 months - by allvia - 10-19-2024, 05:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 2,592 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Need 54 Credits in 6 months...help please! JROE 14 2,299 12-15-2021, 12:16 AM
Last Post: JROE