Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need 1.67 units of humanities... ideas?
I'm going to be short 1.67 units of humanities after I finish the last 6 tests for my BS at Excelsior. I've already taken CLEP A&I. Humanities is not my strong suit. I don't speak a language, don't do art or music, etc. It looks like it can be upper or lower division.

I need something fast, cheap, and easy... and, yes, I know the saying about only getting two out of three Smile

I don't mind taking a course instead of a test if I can find something fast, cheap, and easy.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

EC shows the Technical Writing DSST exam counts as a Humanities course....I would take that, lots of which sentence is best, build the paragraph, etc... freeclepprep.com has all the terms you need to know. Honestly, you could probably pass this one cold, this afternoon.

they also list the following DSST's under humanities:
Art of the Western World
Business Ethics
Ethics in America
Public Speaking
Religions of the world

http://www.excelsior.edu/c/document_libr...upId=12408

Best,
Mike
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I think I could do technical writing - woohoo!

rebel100 Wrote:EC shows the Technical Writing DSST exam counts as a Humanities course....I would take that, lots of which sentence is best, build the paragraph, etc... freeclepprep.com has all the terms you need to know. Honestly, you could probably pass this one cold, this afternoon.

they also list the following DSST's under humanities:
Art of the Western World
Business Ethics
Ethics in America
Public Speaking
Religions of the world

http://www.excelsior.edu/c/document_libr...upId=12408

Best,
Mike
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Another DSST or CLEP is probably your best bet as far as quickness, but the newly-approved PoliSci course at Saylor.org is really cheap: $0 if you can get your own proctor, $25 if you use ProctorU! Excelsior should accept this course too since it's approved by NCCRS, although I'm not as familiar with their credit transfer policies as I am with TESC.
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bridging the Campus Divide With ‘Dangerous Ideas’ and AI Debate Moderators LevelUP 1 252 07-19-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 449 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Continuing Education stipend ideas impasta 5 714 09-21-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: impasta
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 374 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Free Summer or Free Fall ideas? creationstory 13 2,102 06-02-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ylmir
  Humanities Degrees and Stem Degrees Deserve Equal Respect LevelUP 12 2,654 03-10-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Humanities Works Alpha 17 2,768 02-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Capstone Topic Ideas - Animal Related Silly_Me 6 4,802 12-13-2019, 05:30 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  118 Units Complete, How To FINISH? TESU? Narg 2 1,196 11-08-2019, 02:40 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  HELP! Homeschooler...Need ideas for a Computer Engineering Degree ACI 29 5,945 10-23-2019, 11:17 AM
Last Post: cookderosa