Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Sciences CLEP
Hello everyone,
I have been aiming to take Natural Sciences CLEP exam but have been pushing it because I read different feedback which makes me feel that I have to study more. So far I have been using REA study guide. I would like to know the difficulty level of the exam and is REA enough to clear the exam?
Hi There, I used REA study materials, took the (at the time) free Education Portal course on Natural Sciences specifically for this CLEP, and worked with a tutor for one all-day (eight-hour) session. All that and I scored a 50 (the minimum passing score). Apparently, the Natural Sciences Education Portal course wasn't finished at the time, because it still lists my progress as 98% complete. If you haven't been an Education Portal member before it would cost you to take that course now, and I don't think it's worth it, but if you don't have a tutor it might be. I checked and Straighterline have no 6-credit courses, so I think you're wise to take the CLEP. Just to be clear I (barely) passed this CLEP with using the tutor as mentioned above and the following:

The REA Guide
The Official CLEP Study Guide (OCSG)
This study guide - CLEP/ Papers - XtremePapers | Advancing knowledge is in our DNA - the CLEP Success .PDF
Education Portal Science 101 - Intro to Natural Sciences course

I also found this post to be extremely helpful with most of the exams I took: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...gress.html

I hope this helps. I took this exam right after College Mathematics because I thought it would be the second-most difficult. It was by far my worst score of all the exams I took--but I still passed, and you can too!
Never use just one resource when studying for a CLEP. Wink

For Natural Science, I used a book (the Comex), the Official CLEP Study Guide, and numerous online resources and videos. Here are some:
Khan Academy
The Periodic Table of Videos - University of Nottingham
Sixty Symbols - Physics and Astronomy videos
Rader's PHYSICS 4 KIDS.COM
Plus whatever you need/can find from Google.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
I second Westerner,

I forgot about Rader's PHYSICS 4 KIDS.COM. I used that and also Rader's BIOLOGY 4 KIDS.COM - Biology basics for everyone!, Rader's CHEM4KIDS.COM - Chemistry basics for everyone!, Rader's GEOGRAPHY 4 KIDS.COM - Earth Science Basics for Everyone!, and http://www.cosmos4kids.com/--in short, the whole series since this is one of those 6-credit, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink kind of exams. I hope that helps.
I used four different CLEP books to prepare when I did this test in early 1999.
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current:
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
For all the CLEPs I've taken, I purchased a Kindle version of one of the recommended textbooks and skimmed it for a few days. Seems to be going well enough.
BS Liberal Arts progress - 105/120
Are you a member of IC? If you are go to the specific exam feedback, good info there. Remember ~1/2 this test is bio if you need to brush up on that using any bio source and it should help your over all results on this. I would not go in with only a 50 o practice test.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thank you everyone for your help!! Will keep you all posted.
@ Lindagerr : I am not a member of IC but thank you for your post!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,796 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  International GCSE Sciences (EU/UK) Info bjcheung77 6 493 05-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 667 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 691 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,177 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,044 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  IU Applied Sciences - 50% off tuition until July 14 (online programs) bjcheung77 0 1,357 06-30-2022, 01:50 AM
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,817 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,446 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,387 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az