Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National University - Teaching Credential
Has anyone done this? The local high school is offering me a grant of $20,000 to go to a California based school to get a teaching license. Considering going to National University as their program is online, and California base thus eligible for the grant.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
Hmm, Maybe do a search for a few online options that are available in California, then drop that list down to the top 2-3 choices, and decide from those two or three to see which one fits your goals. National University has made some changes over the last couple of years, such as merging their NCU into NU, dropped a few full-ride scholarships, etc, they're an OK option though, a very good backup option too if you have any other schools you're interested in, maybe research them first.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-29-2023, 12:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, Maybe do a search for a few online options that are available in California, then drop that list down to the top 2-3 choices, and decide from those two or three to see which one fits your goals.  National University has made some changes over the last couple of years, such as merging their NCU into NU, dropped a few full-ride scholarships, etc, they're an OK option though, a very good backup option too if you have any other schools you're interested in, maybe research them first.

Indeed. The other option I'm looking at is CalStateTEACH 
https://www.calstateteach.net/

But their reviews are also mixed.

A lot of the bigger online schools now cost a fortune (Point Loma, La Verne, Grand Canyon). WGU isn't prepared for the 2024 changes in california licensure and is stopping Californian enrollments. I'm finding it difficult. A lot of schools that say they support California aren't actually approved by California. Our requirements are super strict.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Vle045
Did they provide a list of schools? Are you planning to become a teacher now?
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
University of the People, which is in California and entirely online, is accepted by Washington state as a teacher license preparation course due to it being DEAC accredited. If you look at the dept of Education info it will claim only regionally accredited schools or state approved 3rd party (non-university) teacher education programs are accepted, but if you click the link to see their detailed list of qualifying accreditors DEAC is in there anyways. 

California might also say it qualifies, if you dig, especially since Washington state has a teacher's license equivalency program with most states including Hawaii and Idaho (I have already confirmed DEAC qualifies you for a teaching license in at least one more state, but haven't looked for California)

A M.Ed at Uopeople, assuming you get both primary and secondary school specializations, cost around $5,000.

If you want a more prestigious degree that's another story.
In the case of the MEd at U of People, I really like their program as it's endorsed by IB.org and it's an Advanced Teaching degree, it's the only program at U of People that interests me as it's the only unique degree they have that's not as common as the others they offer...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Washington University (CWU) FlexIT Pro dbmw 3 185 09-23-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon to Amberton University ss20ts 0 101 09-23-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 95 16,737 09-19-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: KMS
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,494 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 217 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,884 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,500 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 132 22,536 08-03-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: wow
  IEU Universidad: another online Mexican university Avidreader 0 362 08-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 539 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77