Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My credits and courses for BOG completion
So I’ve got like 80 credits via Sophia. I’ve realized that for the computer literacy pierpont did not apply my Intro to IT. What course do I need for computer literacy?
(08-27-2024, 05:05 PM)Tonyoliver097 Wrote: So I’ve got like 80 credits via Sophia. I’ve realized that for the computer literacy pierpont did not apply my Intro to IT. What course do I need for computer literacy?

That course has worked for everyone else.  Maybe this was an error?
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-27-2024, 05:24 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(08-27-2024, 05:05 PM)Tonyoliver097 Wrote: So I’ve got like 80 credits via Sophia. I’ve realized that for the computer literacy pierpont did not apply my Intro to IT. What course do I need for computer literacy?

I can almost assure you that this person is looking at DegreeWorks! However the system is not configured for this Adult BOG Degree! one must simply trust the process and wait for an actual degree audit from the staff. I hope this helps remove some stress from your situation as you've more than likely met all requirements. have you tried emailing David or Lisa ?
If you are looking on DegreeWorks, stop. It is not set up for the BOG. The staff at Pierpont manually adjusts the courses, including Visual Communications for the Comm requirements and intro to IT for the computer literacy requirement. Make sure to submit your graded class from a college (e.g. ASU 1-credit course) ASAP, as time is getting closer to the 10/4 deadline.

Source: Friend who just completed the process for December graduation.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing

I think it’s an error. Everyone said it was applied for them.

(08-27-2024, 05:41 PM)doctorTorres Wrote:

I can almost assure you that this person is looking at DegreeWorks! However the system is not configured for this Adult BOG Degree! one must simply trust the process and wait for an actual degree audit from the staff. I hope this helps remove some stress from your situation as you've more than likely met all requirements. have you tried emailing David or Lisa ?
Thank you so much. I haven’t emailed David but I most definitely will.

(08-27-2024, 05:42 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: If you are looking on DegreeWorks, stop. It is not set up for the BOG. The staff at Pierpont manually adjusts the courses, including Visual Communications for the Comm requirements and intro to IT for the computer literacy requirement. Make sure to submit your graded class from a college (e.g. ASU 1-credit course) ASAP, as time is getting closer to the 10/4 deadline.

Okay thank you so much for that info. Yes I’ve already submitted my graded class from ASU almost 1 month ago.
(08-27-2024, 05:45 PM)Tonyoliver097 Wrote:

(08-27-2024, 05:42 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: If you are looking on DegreeWorks, stop. It is not set up for the BOG. The staff at Pierpont manually adjusts the courses, including Visual Communications for the Comm requirements and intro to IT for the computer literacy requirement. Make sure to submit your graded class from a college (e.g. ASU 1-credit course) ASAP, as time is getting closer to the 10/4 deadline.

Okay thank you so much for that info. Yes I’ve already submitted my graded class from ASU almost 1 month ago.

you might be good to go. I would email registrar or someone within the contacts about your graduation application
(08-28-2024, 12:43 AM)doctorTorres Wrote:
(08-27-2024, 05:45 PM)Tonyoliver097 Wrote:

you might be good to go. I would email registrar or someone within the contacts about your graduation application
Ok I will do that.
Don't email Pierpont for anything but, applying for graduation... You'll be adding to the back log, create the spreadsheet, make sure you've got all your classes completed and send in the graduation application along with your transcripts.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-28-2024, 11:24 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Don't email Pierpont for anything but, applying for graduation... You'll be adding to the back log, create the spreadsheet, make sure you've got all your classes completed and send in the graduation application along with your transcripts.

I’ll do this way also.
Anybody have the BOG graduation application form?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 20 3,568 09-13-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  help! transferring credits jayred26 4 307 09-07-2024, 09:58 PM
  XAMK courses as RA required course for Pierpoint? Registera 4 469 06-05-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Registera
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 1,469 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 2,921 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Unsure of which Sophia courses to complete now The Fun Of It 11 1,099 12-29-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Fun Of It
  NA Credits for AAS at Pierpoint chrisv 7 785 11-14-2023, 02:34 AM
  Need help figuring out if I have enough credits to graduate in December 00u00u00 17 1,729 10-11-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Pierpont & NA credits rachel83az 4 1,131 09-01-2023, 08:12 PM
  Pierpont Equivalencies - TEEX courses tensen 1 803 08-11-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy