Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro/Macro Economics
Especially for the Sophia ones, should one be taken before the other?
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)
Ph.D in Criminal Justice (Intelligence) - UNG
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

There are recommended course orders/course progressions listed here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sophia.org

For Sophia, Micro should be taken first and then Macro. I would guess that this is similar elsewhere. But I can't say for certain.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • TINASAM
(04-11-2021, 12:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: There are recommended course orders/course progressions listed here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sophia.org

For Sophia, Micro should be taken first and then Macro. I would guess that this is similar elsewhere. But I can't say for certain.

Thank you for the speedy reply!
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)
Ph.D in Criminal Justice (Intelligence) - UNG
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

At ASU ULC, I took Macro last term and am doing Micro now. If anyone is thinking about taking their courses, take algebra first, then Macro, then Micro and accounting. ASU's economics courses rely very heavily on graph/table/chart/equation/data intuition, so make sure those are mastered first.
The macro course is well done, engaging, and fun. However, it's a huge time suck because it covers a ton of content. Despite being a macroeconomics course, it actually spends about a third of the time covering microeconomics concepts, with some accounting as well. Taking micro and accounting I after macro at ASU ULC will be a breeze.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
I personally took Macro at a CC, they allowed Macro or Micro to be taken in either order. There is usually some duplication of material at the beginning of each, but you don't need to know macro to take micro, and vice versa. Of course, once you take one or the other, then the other one is easier, because you're familiar with the graphs and the vocabulary and whatnot.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TINASAM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BA in Sociology, Economics or Statistics JPN 25 2,691 05-25-2022, 11:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77