Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Penn Foster class = TESC Strategic management?
Study.com offers Finance and Algebra. I'm sure other people can answer if they offer anything that counts for Public Speaking.

If you pass a Study.com class to be eligible for the TESU partnership discounts, you get the discount on the Capstone ($1098 instead of ~$1500), you waive the Lifelong Learning course requirement, and it discounts the residency fee. But that partnership ends in a few months and most people expect that the terms after that will not be as good.

Depending on how your evaluation comes in, you can either apply for the scholarship (6 free classes) or just pay for one month of College Accelerator (2 courses for $199) then pay $70 for an extra exam (for Public Speaking, if they offer it) and be done in a month.
(03-24-2018, 06:43 PM)fork Wrote: Get what for $1098, that one class? To be honest I didn't like what I saw in the syllabus for the course. Original research that requires IRB approval? That seems a bit much for an undergrad degree? The rest of the course I could probably handle. Did you take the course yourself? What was it like? Did you really have to do "original research" and what did it involve?

How much does Study.com cost? I guess I'll have to look into it. As far as I can tell without the academic eval, I have the vast majority of the BSBA CIS degree finished. I need public speaking, college algebra, principles of finance for sure. Possibly a few others depending what the eval says or what can be put where.

Honestly, where are you going to find a degree for less than $3000?  Because right now, taking the few courses that you have left plus the capstone, and paying the residency waiver, that's what you'll be paying.

If you know of cheaper options out there, please let me know, because I don't.  And I've been on this forum for 7 years now.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It says I have to have put study.com affiliation on my original application and I didn't. Will they change it? I don't see myself being able to finish those courses in a month, though. I have a lot of other things to do. When does this affiliation thing end?
They will change it. I did this.
(03-25-2018, 06:23 AM)fork Wrote: It says I have to have put study.com affiliation on my original application and I didn't. Will they change it? I don't see myself being able to finish those courses in a month, though. I have a lot of other things to do. When does this affiliation thing end?

Just ask them to change it.

If you can't finish a course in a month, it will roll over to the next month - but you have to pay for it unless you have the scholarship.

The Study.com discount ends on 6/30/18.  If you haven't enrolled to take the capstone or pay the residency waiver by then, the prices WILL go up (not sure to what though).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-24-2018, 10:13 PM)Muldoon Wrote: Study.com offers Finance and Algebra. I'm sure other people can answer if they offer anything that counts for Public Speaking.

If you pass a Study.com class to be eligible for the TESU partnership discounts, you get the discount on the Capstone ($1098 instead of ~$1500), you waive the Lifelong Learning course requirement, and it discounts the residency fee. But that partnership ends in a few months and most people expect that the terms after that will not be as good.

Depending on how your evaluation comes in, you can either apply for the scholarship (6 free classes) or just pay for one month of College Accelerator (2 courses for $199) then pay $70 for an extra exam (for Public Speaking, if they offer it) and be done in a month.

I looked into this. It doesn't look like the Finance options at Study.com will transfer to what TESU is looking for for the Principles of Finance. 

Also, what they (study.com) are calling College Algebra is more like Intermediate Algebra. When I looked at how it transfers I was right. You have to do their Precalculus to get the college algebra. I've seen this other places too where what is being called College Algebra is really basic or intermediate at best. So if anyone is trying to take a class make sure it's actually college algebra. 

https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

I'd have to do Principles of Finance as a DSST I guess. But for the Algebra and Public Speaking might be able to do Study.com. I wouldn't qualify for the scholarship unfortunately. You need to have 30 semester hours left, I don't have anywhere near that. 

I guess I'll use a MOOC and Khan academy to get a refresher on the math and find out what the public speaking is about before I register to study.com. Not going to pay for that twice, might as well be prepared.
(03-26-2018, 07:34 AM)fork Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 10:13 PM)Muldoon Wrote: Study.com offers Finance and Algebra. I'm sure other people can answer if they offer anything that counts for Public Speaking.

I looked into this. It doesn't look like the Finance options at Study.com will transfer to what TESU is looking for for the Principles of Finance. 

Also, what they (study.com) are calling College Algebra is more like Intermediate Algebra. When I looked at how it transfers I was right. You have to do their Precalculus to get the college algebra. I've seen this other places too where what is being called College Algebra is really basic or intermediate at best. So if anyone is trying to take a class make sure it's actually college algebra. 

https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

I'd have to do Principles of Finance as a DSST I guess. But for the Algebra and Public Speaking might be able to do Study.com. I wouldn't qualify for the scholarship unfortunately. You need to have 30 semester hours left, I don't have anywhere near that. 

I guess I'll use a MOOC and Khan academy to get a refresher on the math and find out what the public speaking is about before I register to study.com. Not going to pay for that twice, might as well be prepared.

The Study.com Scholarship has nothing to do with how many semester hours you have left to complete:
https://study.com/blog/guardian-s-person...rship.html

Also, if you do have specific inquires on what will work for your plan you may want to start a new thread as this one is an outdated, and does not apply to any current transfer equivalencies to TESU.  You're looking at a limited equivalency Study.com list - as Study.com does have an option that will fill the BSBA CIS core Principles of Finance requirement.  I would hate to see you waste time and money on your remaining credits; as that money would be better spent to cover the required capstone course, or other missing credits you may need if you choose the BS in Technical Studies.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thanks. I guess they must have more than 1 scholarship. I was looking at this page: https://study.com/blog/college-success-s...y-com.html

Do you know which one fits what TESU wants for principles of finance?
(03-26-2018, 03:49 PM)fork Wrote: Thanks. I guess they must have more than 1 scholarship. I was looking at this page:  https://study.com/blog/college-success-s...y-com.html

Do you know which one fits what TESU wants for principles of finance?

You're welcome.  Here is the most recent thread on the Study.com Guardian scholarship. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...om-Finance

There is more than one option for the Finance, I just commented on the exact topic here:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...om-Finance
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,927 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 885 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,460 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 1,065 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,788 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 710 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  Mobile phone use in class bjcheung77 0 352 08-04-2023, 10:23 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 596 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,348 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree