Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master's degree after an online degree
Planning to finish my Metropolia Degree in August.
From the 1st of January 2023 don't give a paper degree but a "Digital Degree Certificate". It was a bit disappointing.

For those who finished an online degree from UMPI, Metropolia, WGU, TESU, etc.:

1. Did anyone enroll for a master's degree outside of the mainstream TESU/WGU/UMPI/etc. ?
2. I saw online master's programs from Nordic countries. Free for EU citizens. Does anyone have experience enrolling there?
3. Have you heard of people getting past the immigration requirements with those degrees?
4. Did people get government jobs with those degrees? Especially the ones where a degree is a "check-the-box" kind of requirement. In my country, it's mandatory to have "any degree" for 95% of government jobs.
5. Did anyone get an English teaching job in Asian countries such as China, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc.? They all need "a degree" as far as I know
In progress:
Metropolia

Completed:
Associate of Science in Environmental Science
GPA 2.82
(06-07-2024, 02:51 AM)Sherwood Wrote: Planning to finish my Metropolia Degree in August.
From the 1st of January 2023 don't give a paper degree but a "Digital Degree Certificate". It was a bit disappointing.

For those who finished an online degree from UMPI, Metropolia, WGU, TESU, etc.:

1. Did anyone enroll for a master's degree outside of the mainstream TESU/WGU/UMPI/etc. ?
2. I saw online master's programs from Nordic countries. Free for EU citizens. Does anyone have experience enrolling there?
3. Have you heard of people getting past the immigration requirements with those degrees?
4. Did people get government jobs with those degrees? Especially the ones where a degree is a "check-the-box" kind of requirement. In my country, it's mandatory to have "any degree" for 95% of government jobs.
5. Did anyone get an English teaching job in Asian countries such as China, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc.? They all need "a degree" as far as I know

1. We have had people attend T50 colleges for their master's degrees.

2. I don't know about Nordic countries.

3. For U.S. immigration, any RA college should be ok.  They may consider what you majored in as well.

4. Yes, people get government jobs with the colleges we recommend.

5. A famous YouTuber is making six figures teaching ESL overseas with a TESU liberal arts degree. They do require a bachelor's degree.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@Sherwood, In short, the answer is Yes to all the questions. It really depends on what you bring to the table, that's why I always suggest to get a balanced mix/match of certs, degree, experience. As long as you're doing well in school with a good GPA, your institution is RA or foreign equivalent that is recognized by the Ministry of Education in that country, you're on a good start to the Masters. I usually don't suggest a NA or international institution that is not fully recognized, unless you're going for a higher degree than the Masters and it's not found elsewhere for cheap, easy, fast...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
After obtaining a bachelor in one term form WGU I obtained the degrees that's in my signature from B&M school and my doctorate is from a ranked program.
DNP, MBA, MSIO
Ph.D. candidate - Leadership emphasis in Business 96% complete
University of the Cumberlands
I graduated from Texas A&M University-Commerce with my bachelor's degree and then after looking at a few online only schools for graduate school, I decided to stay at A&M Commerce to pursue my master's degree.
Texas A&M University-Commerce: M.S. Organization, Learning, and Technologies '25
Texas A&M University-Commerce: BAAS Organizational Leadership, Summa Cum Laude 
Universidad Internacional Isabel I De Castilla/ENEB-MBA Master of Business Administration
Pierpont Community and Technical College: AAS BOG, AOE Criminal Justice 

(06-07-2024, 07:37 PM)LevelUP Wrote: 1. We have had people attend T50 colleges for their master's degrees.

3. For U.S. immigration, any RA college should be ok.  They may consider what you majored in as well.

5. A famous YouTuber is making six figures teaching ESL overseas with a TESU liberal arts degree. They do require a bachelor's degree.

1. Wow, that's amazing, I wonder how that works. They probably look at your experience too. I recently saw an ad from Syracuse University for a Masters.
It's the one that Biden finished. Maybe you can elaborate if you remember the details?

2. I may do some research and post here. It could be useful for people in the EU.

3. A friend of mine finished a degree mill in Russia. Took him 5 years. He didn't study a single thing during that time. Surprisingly it was on the accepted list of universities for immigration to Canada.

4. I think so too.

5. Could you share his name? I saw some guy do that too, it was UMPI specifically.

(06-07-2024, 08:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: As long as you're doing well in school with a good GPA

Does anyone know the GPA for Metropolia's "H" mark? You know, the "passed" mark

(06-07-2024, 09:05 PM)xspect Wrote: After obtaining a bachelor in one term form WGU I obtained the degrees that's in my signature from B&M school and my doctorate is from a ranked program.

I'm not familiar with the abbreviations in your signature. Was it a Master's from the University of Cumberlands?
In progress:
Metropolia

Completed:
Associate of Science in Environmental Science
GPA 2.82
(06-08-2024, 12:39 AM)Sherwood Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 07:37 PM)LevelUP Wrote: 1. We have had people attend T50 colleges for their master's degrees.

1. Wow, that's amazing, I wonder how that works. They probably look at your experience too. I recently saw an ad from Syracuse University for a Masters.
It's the one that Biden finished. Maybe you can elaborate if you remember the details?

2. I may do some research and post here. It could be useful for people in the EU.

3. A friend of mine finished a degree mill in Russia. Took him 5 years. He didn't study a single thing during that time. Surprisingly it was on the accepted list of universities for immigration to Canada.

4. I think so too.

5. Could you share his name? I saw some guy do that too, it was UMPI specifically.

BenTeachesEnglishOverseas
https://www.youtube.com/@BenTeachesEngli...eas/videos
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Sherwood
I graduated from EU and TESU and I'm currently enrolled in Georgia Tech's OMSCS program. It's pretty affordable, costing around $650 per course / $7k for the entire degree.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Enrolled: 01/2024 (2 down, 8 to go!)
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

[-] The following 1 user Likes frankc's post:
  • LevelUP
For those looking at assisting the Original Poster, here's their other thread with some details: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...experience
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Sherwood
(06-07-2024, 02:51 AM)Sherwood Wrote: 2. I saw online master's programs from Nordic countries. Free for EU citizens. Does anyone have experience enrolling there?

I've enrolled in several programs and dropped out of a few. It's a hit-and-miss with some of them in terms of teaching quality.

Anything specific that you're looking for?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! Degree Plan skinmasksean 7 520 1 hour ago
Last Post: asnopya
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 410 Yesterday, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 181 Yesterday, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 323 09-23-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 279 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 297 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 217 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 591 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 325 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 344 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77