Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing CLEP Questions
Anyone that has recently taken the Marketing CLEP exam:

Does it cover alot of the Full Service, Limited Service Distribution stuff. And does it cover alot of the jobbers, desk jobbers, agent stuff?? I'm ready to take the test for everything else on Marketing, but these topics just seem to be a bit much for me to process...
Have you done a search on this forum yet?. Join IC and you will also be allowed to view the specific exam feedback forum where more than likely your question has been answered.
Set yourself goals, not limitations
I took this one at the end of August and remember a handful of questions on distribution and wholesaling channels, yes. I can't recall exactly how many, but it was a few more than I think I'd feel comfortable testing without understanding. As was suggested, if you were able to sign up for IC, the flashcards were easy to understand and provided enough understanding of those concepts to pass.
I also suggest checking the specific exam feedback here in the forum, and if you don't feel confident, try taking at least one of the practice tests (either the REA or Peterson's.)

However, to answer your question, I just took this test last week. I do recall there being at least 1-2 questions about various jobbers and a few questions about distribution (particularly in relation to international marketing.) If you've read and "get" the material, 70% of the test should be pretty easy, but rest is oddly worded questions that if you're only barely understand the material you will probably get wrong. That and questions requiring understanding the math elements, like markup, markdown, break even, price elasticity, etc.

Keep in mind there are several versions of the exam, so the questions you get will likely not be exactly the same as what was on my test. But if you can get through IC at 90% or better and get at least a 50-60 on the practice test, you'll probably be fine.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I studied by reading the REA CLEP book as my sole resource and passed with a 74 I think. This test is simple if you read the REA book and do the practice tests.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I am a member of IC Tasman..thanks, or else I would not be able to post here, right?. I have searched and haven't really found the information I was looking for.
Thanks for the feedback everybody
aframe Wrote:I am a member of IC Tasman..thanks, or else I would not be able to post here, right?. I have searched and haven't really found the information I was looking for.

The specific exam feedback is accessed from the index page of the forum. If you do not see it, then your IC username must not be linked to your forum name. Definetly make sure you can access it because it is worth it's virtual weight in gold.
I took this CLEP yesterday and earned a 73. I saw only one question about jobbers. Make sure you study the definitions for those, but there's no need to get too wrapped up in that, because it's not a particularly important component of the test.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,227 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,798 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,500 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 502 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 483 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 668 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 928 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,715 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 3,399 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,183 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket