Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing
So how easy is marketing? I know most of the ic cards. So far i have passed five tests since Decmeber yay! Im glad we have this message board.
History 1865-Present 59
Sociology 62
Amercian Goverment passed
American Lit 65
Analy & Inter Lit passed
Marketing passed
HTYH 431 passed
Counseling 59
Human Growth 56
Technical Writing 51
April Wrote:So how easy is marketing? I know most of the ic cards. So far i have passed five tests since Decmeber yay! Im glad we have this message board.

Lol.. everyone says that this was easy and I didn't think it was as simple as they say. AND I am in sales and work hand in hand with my marketing dept often.

Maybe because I do have a lot of experience with marketing, I didn't study enough. That being said, I passed with a decent score. I just didn't like the question wording, thought that the test was boring, and couldn't pay attention on the study that I did because I thought that was boring too. I LIKE marketing in the real world, in the test world, not so much.

Of course I know everyone else is going to pop on and say that it was super easy, so I could just be a little slow, but this like every test is doable with study. No matter how "easy" we say a test is, always prepare.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
burbuja0512 Wrote:Lol.. everyone says that this was easy and I didn't think it was as simple as they say. AND I am in sales and work hand in hand with my marketing dept often.

I agree. This was my first CLEP exam, so that may have had something to do with it. However, I found it to be a tough study subject and a tough test. I passed with a 63 after reading the marketing book published by Barron's. This was prior to my Instacert subscription.

Many people have classified this as easy. I've been in sales, sales management and marketing for many years and wouldn't take this for granted. If you have prepared properly however, you will do just fine. Preparation is key.

Exam Credit:

CLEP 39
DSST 27
ECE 9

Charter Oak State College
BS Business Administration - DONE! (1/31/11)

From 37 to 120 credits in 13 months while working full time... Now, I am enjoying my weekends!

[SIZE="4"]Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. [/SIZE]
-Henry Ford
Do not underestimate any test but if you work in any way with a marketing or product department this test will be easy to STUDY for. Not easy to pass but easy to study for.

I read the marketing REA book and was scoring 80% on the practice tests so I only needed about 15 hours of studying to pass with a 72 grade. This was my 3rd test after the two economics tests.

Make sure you learn the material because it will come back in the business policy TECEP and I just called on this knowledge over the past two days in writing a powerpoint for my MBA class.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Quote:Do not underestimate any test but if you work in any way with a marketing or product department this test will be easy to STUDY for. Not easy to pass but easy to study for.

Excellent advice
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
I did marketing this past december and absolutely LOVED it! I studied for a half hour each day, six days. Then I took the test and passed with a 67. Not a perfect score but I was happy because I only studied for three hours.

So, to answer your question--it wasn't hard at all. But then, I really loved it which always makes a difference. If you hate it, then it will be much harder. Of course, some things some people just aren't geared for! Wink
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 488 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CBE Marketing Names sanantone 4 724 07-04-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,634 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Marketing Communications TECEP bringit 4 2,463 05-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Marketing Communications TECEP Ideas 4 2,241 05-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Principles of Marketing CLEP Lyle912 1 1,300 04-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  UL Marketing d.cononge 2 1,407 03-16-2018, 09:08 AM
Last Post: d.cononge
  The best material(s) to study to ensure I past the principles of marketing clep?? kokoko678 5 3,842 02-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  Need Skype tutor for Clep Principles of Marketing. Need to have recently passed exam. kokoko678 0 945 01-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Last Post: kokoko678
  I'm writing a free CLEP Marketing guide - what should I include? zapproximator 1 1,330 12-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Last Post: clep3705