Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSCS options
If NA is acceptable (we'll possibly see RA in the fall), UoPeople's MSIT can be completed in 18 months (two courses/term): https://www.uopeople.edu/programs/cs/deg...urriculum/
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Hey!

I will add my 2 cents, you don't mention that you actually need it to be CS, I'm guessing you want to do it because it aligns with your profession. If you want to invest this time and push yourself you can certainly do that, but...

Seeing you already have a strong profile in self-learning paths and going at your own pace, I would propose the following:

1. Complete your BA in Computer Science at TESU. (Not sure how much this is still completable these days with alternative credits, check that before)
2. Do the WGU MS in IT management. (very accelerable, I did it in less than 6 months, especially for IT focussed people)

You get the benefits of having a strong computer science background with a master more focus on management.

If you are going the Master in CS path, if I were you I would also have a go at getting into the UPENN MCIT even if the chances are slim.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(07-05-2022, 08:46 AM)posabsolute Wrote: Hey!

I will add my 2 cents, you don't mention that you actually need it to be CS, I'm guessing you want to do it because it aligns with your profession. If you want to invest this time and push yourself you can certainly do that, but...

(07-03-2022, 02:03 PM)ElephantCart Wrote: What kind of degree do you want?: I'd far prefer a masters in computer science. I would consider an MSIT or MS in applied computer science. I'd like to avoid any business/management/leadership programs. I want to keep options open for a phd in the future. I can't see myself going that route but life changes and I'd like the option, so an MSCS is the best route, I think.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(07-05-2022, 08:46 AM)posabsolute Wrote: Hey!

Seeing you already have a strong profile in self-learning paths and going at your own pace, I would propose the following:

1. Complete your BA in Computer Science at TESU. (Not sure how much this is still completable these days with alternative credits, check that before)
2. Do the WGU MS in IT management. (very accelerable, I did it in less than 6 months, especially for IT focussed people)

You get the benefits of having a strong computer science background with a master more focus on management.

If you are going the Master in CS path, if I were you I would also have a go at getting into the UPENN MCIT even if the chances are slim.
Like you said chances of admission prolly slim. but if you get in and finish They claim new grads average a starting salary of $125k.
@OP, you should complete the BACS at TESU, apply not only to the ones you want but a few more Masters, just in case Georgia Tech and UT-Austin doesn't accept you, you will have other back up options. Review threads on the graduate sub forum as I have seen several Masters programs that are Applied Computer Science, Data Analytics or Science, Software Development, and so on that are in relevant fields and pretty affordable...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 12 2,571 08-12-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: frankc
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 487 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Grad School Options defmo 12 1,319 05-04-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 639 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,939 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Analysis paralysis options jb111 5 617 02-13-2024, 11:49 AM
  Master of Healthcare Administration - options? allvia 4 996 05-10-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: CatsDomino
  Online MSCS from University of Colorado Boulder, No bachelor’s degree needed frankc 13 4,262 04-22-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  University of Tennessee, Knoxville: Online MSCS via Noodle carrythenothing 3 1,215 07-04-2022, 07:28 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  MS Data Science/Data Analytics options? Latesterna 24 4,729 06-08-2022, 02:03 PM