Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifespan Developmental Psychology
I have two courses left for my bachelor's from Charter Oak (Microbiology and Lifespan) which I am planning on completing using Dante's/Excelsior exams. I have my Lifespan Dante's exam this Saturday and have been focusing on the InstantCert flashcards for studying. Has anyone taken the exam recently? Any advice?
Thanks!
I took the CLEP version (Human Growth and Development). I hear they are similar. This is a broad exam. Make certain you study the entire lifespan. Also make sure to go over death and dying, especially the grief stuff (Kubler-Ross etc.) Make certain to know the stage theories of Piaget, Kohlberg, and Erickson. Obviously Freud's theories are also important. I HIGHLY advise you to take the Peterson's practice test (it's for the CLEP but covers the same stuff.) You'll be glad you did. Make sure you don't forget to study the bilogy side of this too, especially prenatal development.
BA Psychology - TESC

CLEP Biology - 56
CLEP Human Growth and Development - 56
CLEP College Mathematics - 54
CLEP Educational Psychology - 58
CLEP Social Sciences and History - 70
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 59
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -B
ECE Research Methods in Psychology - B
DSST Substance Abuse - 429
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling - 53
DSST Intro to World Religion - 458
Great, thanks for the response. I haven't yet covered grief so I will be sure to seek out some information on it. This exam is proving to be much broader than I anticipated.
I used the CLEP Human Growth and Development IC flashcards. They weren't the best study source for the DSST, but I passed with plenty of room.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone,
Is there a resource you recommend over the flashcards? I'm primarily using them in conjunction with snazzlefrag's PDF and a few other web print outs I've come across.
Thanks
I wouldn't know because all I used was the flashcards.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Would you be able to provide me with feedback as to what are the best study materials for the dsst lifespan and dev psy since it isn't on instant?
Will you advise on what the best study materials are for dsst lifespan dev psy
CLEP Human Growth and Development covers the same material as DSST Lifespan so you can use those flashcards. If you join IC also be sure to use the specific exam feedback and you should have it covered.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I just finished the DSST Lifespan Developmental Psychology exam and passed, thank gosh! It was harder than expected. I mainly used advice from this forum, and Snazzlefrag's study guide (google it). There were quite a few things that were not on the exam and quite a few things that were on the exam, but were not on the study guide. There were about 30 of 100 questions that I made an educated guess according to whatever sounded like it made the most sense.

Know grandparenting styles
No Vygotsky questions on mine
No Freud Questions on mine
What is the study of death and dying
What is myelin
Order of the Kubler-Ross stages of dying
Stages of extreme grief (I didn't know this answer)
What is bereavement
What is hospice

That's all I can remember, but I wanted to post since I couldn't really find any recent info.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member - Need Assistance With TESU Psychology Plan joshyjosh 7 2,443 08-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,957 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Course plan for BS in Psychology from Charter Oak ryanaryn 15 4,131 06-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Using electives in BSBA to get most of a Psychology degree done Dowew 3 1,341 06-07-2018, 05:30 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Would someone take a look at my degree plan for TESU (Psychology and History)? Nell0330 9 2,169 04-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Last Post: jsd
  BA Psychology degree plan/TESU Tripletmom 0 986 03-19-2018, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Tripletmom
  Tesu Psychology Bachelors rixbae 2 1,348 01-27-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post: jsd
  BA in psychology jb111 7 1,723 01-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jb111
  Quickest Associate in Human Science, Psychology or Sociology, tgle23 12 2,978 12-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU - UL psychology is no more! I am PISSED!! BingCherry 103 19,150 10-28-2017, 12:06 PM
Last Post: icampy