Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leveraging an existing BA for another BA?
Hi folks - new forum member here and just dipping my toes into ways to quickly and efficiently get an additional degree. 

I have a BA from the University of California, Santa Barbara (College of Letters & Sciences; Film & Media Studies major - I also jumped majors a few times, so a lot of general education and humanities classes as part of that) that graduated from way back in 2007.  

Are there schools here (like "the Big Three") that will just let me skip their general education requirements based on the classes I already took from this existing BA back in the day? 

I also have a fair amount of FEMA and FEMA adjacent (eg TEEX) both in person and independent study courses too.  Is there a path to a quick degree combining this with my previous BA?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a dumb question!
Since you have a BA already, both TESU and UMPI would waive the general education and free electives. You might want to fill out the template and addendum to get a better recommendation. You can find the details on how to do that at the link below:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • ezmac028
Welcome to the board, that's a great initial post to get the ball rolling and I also would recommend completing the addendum plus template to provide a bigger picture of your scenario. You may want to elaborate on what degree you're interested in, says a Business Admin, Comp Sci, Psych, etc, your budget, commitments, study habits, possible transfer classes or alternative credit you've completed after the BA etc. The more info we have, the better we can assist you further...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I use credits from my existing bachelor's degree at the Big 3? effdub 35 2,980 01-30-2013, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Northern Arizona University's new program for awarding credit for existing knowledge GokkunMilkshake 7 1,013 12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Last Post: GokkunMilkshake