Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do if you can't get your old transcripts?
My friend's boyfriend is trying to go back to school but having problems getting his transcripts. I told him I would ask the experts here for advice. He was in the military, & completed some training through them, but it sounds like he was discharged on bad terms. After that he went to Parks College, which I guess is no longer around. He can't seem to get transcripts from either place, & says he contacted the dept of education, but still had no luck. Now last night I did read online that Parks College became everest, so half of the answer is probably that he needs to contact them. In a worse case scenario though:

What does a person do if a school/military branch refuses/fails to send transcripts?
Who are the people to contact for military transcripts? I believe he was in the Marines.

This is sort of a question I was already wondering since, as some of you may recall, I had to request my transcripts from one school about 5x before they actually sent them. I'm not sure if the student clearinghouse gets involved it this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
SweetSecret Wrote:My friend's boyfriend is trying to go back to school but having problems getting his transcripts. I told him I would ask the experts here for advice. He was in the military, & completed some training through them, but it sounds like he was discharged on bad terms. After that he went to Parks College, which I guess is no longer around. He can't seem to get transcripts from either place, & says he contacted the dept of education, but still had no luck. Now last night I did read online that Parks College became everest, so half of the answer is probably that he needs to contact them. In a worse case scenario though:

What does a person do if a school/military branch refuses/fails to send transcripts?
Who are the people to contact for military transcripts? I believe he was in the Marines.

This is sort of a question I was already wondering since, as some of you may recall, I had to request my transcripts from one school about 5x before they actually sent them. I'm not sure if the student clearinghouse gets involved it this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance!

This sounds odd. The military would not refuse to send transcripts. You order your transcripts online. They are called JST transcript. All training in the military would be on the JST transcript unless he was trained at an installation such as DLIFLC, they would have separate transcripts that don't show up on your JST.

https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do

I wouldn't worry about worse case scenario until he has exhausted his options. If the college has changes it's name to Everest, then have him contact them and see if he can get the transcripts. The ones through the military he can do online at the link I provided.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
BTW, it looks like Parks College was nationally accredited (ACICS) for at least part of its operating history, and was a candidate for regional accreditation for at least part of its operating history (HLC/NCA candidate 1979-1987, then withdrawn from candidacy). It was probably never regionally accredited.
there are ALWAYS transcripts....unless it wasn't a legit college. When a college closes, the transcripts are maintained by a new body, and his state's dept of ed might be the best contact. Besides not being a legit college, the other reason someone can't get transcripts is owing money. Maybe one of the military folks can chime in on who the correct point of contact would be in the case of the Marines. Hoo-yah!
If he did any CLEP and/or DSST testing while in the military, he can always call Prometric/DSST Team to order a transcript for those test results.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 652 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Most expensive transcripts? clep3705 8 883 09-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Getting Transcripts From College Wanting Money (maybe) xXAnonymousXx 12 2,414 12-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  PSA: Send transcripts early and check their receipt status promptly Ideas 2 1,153 08-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  How many transcripts do you have? eyrobinson 57 10,798 05-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  ACE is switching how they transfer your transcripts BrighterFuture88 7 2,971 12-23-2019, 11:24 AM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Transcripts and grades study.com kier7141 3 1,289 05-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Confused about ACE transcripts bethanyneedsajob 5 1,677 03-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Free Clep and DSSt tests & transcripts FishNDip 5 2,859 10-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about DSST transcripts bigfloppydonkeyears 0 1,381 01-20-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: bigfloppydonkeyears