Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know what I hate?!?! (with clep...)
What's with the "report the score" or "cancel the score" at the end of a CLEP?! If there's anything more nerve wracking than sitting down to take a 1.5 hour test on a subject that you have no rightful business testing on - THIS IS IT. Basically what they're saying is "You studied hard, overcame nerves & fear, scheduled a test, drove to a test site, sweat through the test, and now that you're finished - you get one chance to second guess yourself by making a decision to throw everything in the garbage - OR you can take the chance of your school finding out that you completely BLEW the test, OR the school gets a pass result..... YOUR CHOICE, but... we are not gonna tell you if you passed or failed until after you make the decision - and FYI... you'll know your score result in less than 2 seconds after making the decision because it's right here ON THE NEXT SCREEN. Deal or No Deal?!

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad:
You can't fail if you never give up
[COLOR="blue"]- Some ridiculous Zach Braff movie, but what a cool quote!!

I'm the king of procrastination. I first submitted my app to TESC in 1993. THIS will be the year of my degree completion![/COLOR]

PASSED:
CLEP-Information Systems & Computer Applications: Scored 62; Nov 07
CLEP-Analyzing & Interpreting Literature: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Criminal Justice: Scored 54; Jan 08
DANTES-Fundamentals of College Algebra: Scored 47 (and 47 is the req'd pass score! :eek: ); Jan 08
DANTES-Drug & Alcohol Abuse: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Ethics in America: Scored 55; Feb 08
DANTES-Organizational Behavior: Score 54; Mar 08
DANTES-Technical Writing: Score 58; Mar 08

FELL SHORT OF A PASSING SCORE (I'll never say the 'F' word):
ECE-Organizational Behavior: Score D (but passed DANTES version 2 hours later! Big Grin )
I always laugh (nervously) at this part of the exam. I have been in a situation where I had no idea whether I passed or not (Humanities!) I told myself early in the process of taking these exams that no matter how I feel about the exam when finished I am still going to report the scores. It is not always an easy thing to do!

The way I look at it is I either studied enough or I didn't because I know myself well enough to admit when I give a true effort or not. I also tell myself that sense I've gone this far I'm going all the way! So far I have passed every exam taken, even Humanities, which was my closest call yet.

CLEPS

American Government 62
U.S. History I 58
U.S. History II 64
Intro Psychology 56
Humanities 51
Info Systems & Com App 60
Intro Sociology 73
Principles of Marketing 69
Principles of Management 71
Intro. Educational Psychology 58
Human Growth & Development 62

DANTES

World Religions 68
JayAusTex,

Interesting... You made me realize something.... if you don't report the scores, is the test in the garbage? OR can you decide later to report the scores once you see the grade (by later ordering and paying for transcripts)?

Also, you've taken a ton-o-clep compared to DSST - care to share why? I like dSST over CLEP but only cause my goal requires school's receiving results very quickly and DSST (taken via computer) gets results to the school in just 10 days whereas CLEP is a few weeks. Also, my testing center allows me to schedule DSST with only 1 day notice whereas they need around 2 weeks to schedule CLEP.

I'm the king of procrastination. I first submitted my app to TESC in 1993. THIS will be the year of my degree completion![/COLOR]

PASSED:
DANTES-Fundamentals of College Algebra: Scored 47 (and 47 is the req'd pass score! :eek: ); Jan 08

ECE-Organizational Behavior: Score D (but passed DANTES version 2 hours later! Big Grin )
I use my own crackpot method of psychology.

When it asks at the beginning if they can use my results, I click "Yes". At the end, when it asks if I want to report the score, I look at the ceiling and mentally say, "I gave you what you wanted, now give me what I want!". I click it and then look down.

Retarded I know, but I have yet to fail a test since I started doing it. Wink
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
I take more CLEPs than DSSTs because I still have to take the paper-based verison for the DSSTs. I like instant results, so CLEP is a great option for me. DSST only updates my military transcript 3-4 weeks later (assuming I passed) and then another 2 weeks if I failed (notification by mail). As for the ending of "Cancel" or "Report", I once wanted to cancel the Chemistry CLEP scores, since I took it blind. Other than that, I always report my scores, even if I knew I totally failed.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
larry7crys Wrote:I take more CLEPs than DSSTs because I still have to take the paper-based verison for the DSSTs. I like instant results, so CLEP is a great option for me.

I know what you mean... I have 2 test center within 15 minutes of my house but neither offers computer-based DSSTs. Instead, I travel about 1.5 hours to a testing center that offers computer-based. It's a pain, but I can't imagine having to wait for results. Also, TESC gets my results in 10 days if I do a DSST on the computer (Well.... they dont update my evaluation in 10 days - they take their sweet time for that, but at least I can call and verify that they've received the results).

PASSED:

I wish I knew earlier about computer based DSSTs. I had to pay out of pocket for a paper based exam and not get reimbursed. In retrospec, $100 really isn't that bad to miss out on a course that I now don't have to take. I could have taken a computer based exam, but I would have to drive to Yuma to do it. Not bad of a drive but after this surgery, I really don't want to go that far, unless it's Las Vegas!
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
GettinMyBA Wrote:if you don't report the scores, is the test in the garbage? OR can you decide later to report the scores once you see the grade (by later ordering and paying for transcripts)

Asked this question this morning. On the computer-based CLEPs, if you don't report the scores, all of your answers are in the garbage. Oh yeah, and you STILL have to wait 6 months to re-take!
Completed all requirements for B.A. Management @ Ottawa University, Phoenix AZ

96 credits earned through traditional coursework:
3 credits - Front Range Community College (CO) - 1993
44 credits - Arizona State University (AZ) - 1992-97
49 Credits - Ottawa University (AZ) - 2004-08

Credits earned by examination:
6 credits - AP Exams (European History & US History)
12 credits - DANTES Exams (General Anthropology, Intro to World Religions, Criminal Justice, Here's To Your Health)
12 credits - CLEP Exams (Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Spanish Language)
5 credits - FEMA courses thru Frederick Community College

Program completion 8.23.08 - degree posting 12.31.08 !
kimberlyaz Wrote:Asked this question this morning. On the computer-based CLEPs, if you don't report the scores, all of your answers are in the garbage. Oh yeah, and you STILL have to wait 6 months to re-take!

[SIZE="6"]OH!!
What a crock of S&%T! :eek:
[/SIZE]

PASSED:

Just learned from another thread - Excelsior puts failed tests on your transcript! That ups the ante on your decision even more. The alternative is to not report any test scores, but then if you do well and end up wanting it transferred, it'll cost you $20 additional.

PASSED:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,896 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 692 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Sad Does anyone else hate waiting for the next term to start? fromthedepths 9 1,007 06-26-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,643 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,225 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,072 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,841 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,479 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,400 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,671 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty