Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just two more to go!
Just two more to go!

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just have two tests left:

ECE – Organizational Behavior

&

DSST – Statistics

I plan on taking OB mid May and Statistic at the end of June
Seahag

BS, Individual Studies (Real Estate & Business) – Charter Oak State College
Undergraduate Certificate, Real Estate – Marylhurst University
SEAHAG Wrote:I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.....

....And it isn't Jersey, it's your diploma!!
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Keep up the good work!
[SIZE="2"]BSBA Marketing Thomas Edison State College-63/120[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]College Math-66, College Algebra-64, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature-67, U.S. History I-66, U.S. History II-61, Information Systems & Computer Applications-59, Biology-61, DSST Introduction to Business-61, Introductory Sociology-65, Introductory Psychology-52, Principles of Microeconomics-54, Principles of Macroeconomics-47, Principles of Marketing-68, Financial Accounting-47, Introductory Business Law-62, Principles of Management-70, DSST Principles of Supervision-64, DSST Organizational Behavior-68, English Literature-61[/SIZE]
Excellent news! From one Charter Oak student to another....congrats! It is SUCH an amazing feeling to be right at the finish line. And as you'll see soon, it's even more amazing when you cross it. Wait until you take your final test and pass it.....you'll want to stand up and cheer in the testing center..lol!
Charter Oak State College [COLOR="Red"]GRADUATE (I can finally say that as of 05/31/08)!!
Concentration - Psychology[/COLOR]

Tests Completed:
[COLOR="Navy"] CLEP: Introductory Sociology - 65
DSST: Drug and Alcohol Abuse - 61
Here's to Your, Health - 66
Fundamentals of Counseling - 67
Charter Oak Tests: Infant and Toddler Development
Child Developmental Psychology
Introduction to Early Childhood Education (all passed, worth 3 credits each)
Psychology GRE: 62nd percentile, 18 credits[/COLOR]
congrats on the May 31 grad date... I was trying to get it done by May 31 so I could get the diploma in June however I just could not get them done fast enough! Ohh well...
Seahag

Way To Go Your Almost There
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
SEAHAG Wrote:Just two more to go!

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just have two tests left:

ECE – Organizational Behavior

&

DSST – Statistics

I plan on taking OB mid May and Statistic at the end of June
Good luck on the last two exams! I am the father of two children trying to get their degrees. One of them will be enrolling in Charter Oaks. The younger one is either Excelsior or Charter Oaks. My daughter has to wait a few more months to enroll in Charter Oaks until she is 16 and she is writing a lot of CLEPs, Dantes, ECE in the meantime. We are curious about the various essays that are required - not courses but the summary essay etc. Can you give us tips on what is wanted? She is going to have an Individualized Study of liberal studies concentration.

I got my B.S. from Excelsior by challenge exams in 1988,

Sidney
im looking to take some excelsior exams, and looking for anyone who can give me inside info etc so I can pass, any help, or direction is appreciated, I can even pay for any extra help so I can pass these things.
twosidneys Wrote:Good luck on the last two exams! I am the father of two children trying to get their degrees. One of them will be enrolling in Charter Oaks. The younger one is either Excelsior or Charter Oaks. My daughter has to wait a few more months to enroll in Charter Oaks until she is 16 and she is writing a lot of CLEPs, Dantes, ECE in the meantime. We are curious about the various essays that are required - not courses but the summary essay etc. Can you give us tips on what is wanted? She is going to have an Individualized Study of liberal studies concentration.

I got my B.S. from Excelsior by challenge exams in 1988,

Sidney

At Charter Oak, you have to write two papers (about 4 pages each) at different times during your academic career and submit them to the faculty for review. The first paper is called the concentration plan of study, or CPS. The purpose of this paper is to explain how and why your credits tie together to create a cohesive plan of study. You complete this after you've finished 60 credits. Here is a link explaining the requirements, as well as a video that talks about the specifics of the paper: https://www.charteroak.edu/Advising/cpsRequirements.cfm

When you're closer to graduation, you complete an academic autobiography (also called an AA). In this paper, you focus on your whole academic career, not just your concentration. Here is the link for the video that provides information about developing and submitting the essay:
Academic Autobiography - Charter Oak State College

If you have any other questions about the process, I'm happy to answer them.
Charter Oak State College [COLOR="Red"]GRADUATE (I can finally say that as of 05/31/08)!!
Concentration - Psychology[/COLOR]

Tests Completed:
[COLOR="Navy"] CLEP: Introductory Sociology - 65
DSST: Drug and Alcohol Abuse - 61
Here's to Your, Health - 66
Fundamentals of Counseling - 67
Charter Oak Tests: Infant and Toddler Development
Child Developmental Psychology
Introduction to Early Childhood Education (all passed, worth 3 credits each)
Psychology GRE: 62nd percentile, 18 credits[/COLOR]
crshore Wrote:At Charter Oak, you have to write two papers (about 4 pages each) at different times during your academic career and submit them to the faculty for review. The first paper is called the concentration plan of study, or CPS. The purpose of this paper is to explain how and why your credits tie together to create a cohesive plan of study. You complete this after you've finished 60 credits. Here is a link explaining the requirements, as well as a video that talks about the specifics of the paper: https://www.charteroak.edu/Advising/cpsRequirements.cfm

When you're closer to graduation, you complete an academic autobiography (also called an AA). In this paper, you focus on your whole academic career, not just your concentration. Here is the link for the video that provides information about developing and submitting the essay:
Academic Autobiography - Charter Oak State College

If you have any other questions about the process, I'm happy to answer them.

That is a pretty good description of the CPS and AA… They only thing I would add is try to do them as early as possible as it takes several weeks for them to be approved. Your advisor will work closely with you in setting up the CPS.
Seahag