Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty of upper level courses?
So I've been doing CLEP tests for a while now and so of course I understand that the difficulty levels on different tests vary a lot. Right now I've really nailed down my best study methods and I've been able to pass most CLEP tests after about 30 hours of study which I am starting to do in one week.
I am really trying to maintain this schedule of taking a test every week but now I have to do some upper level Uexcel (ECE) tests. The first one I'm planning on doing is Organizational Behavior.

Like I said, I know that different courses and subjects are harder or easier for different people but I'm just trying to figure out if I should plan on putting in a lot more time for an upper level test or if the "upper/lower" doesn't change things THAT much.
I've taken two CLEP business courses already - Marketing and Management and I would say those both came pretty easily for me.

Anyway if anyone has any experience with the difficulty differences between upper and lower level courses that would be very helpful.
Thanks!
I would do upper level DSST tests first if they fit in your degree plan. I think the Uexcel are more difficult than the DSSTs.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

I personally found the UEXCEL Organizational Behavior very easy and no more difficult than the lower level UEXCEL. The HR Management and Labor Relations were also fairly straightforward. If you've taken the CLEP Management then you'll have no difficulty with them as long as you read all the options carefully. In nearly ever question you can eliminate wrong answers to get the right answer. I failed the Intro to Finance, (well I got a D which is as good as failing) and that was definitely way more difficult than any of the others.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University

Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Open University (UK)***Leading in a Remote Environment: Harvard University***Leadership and Communication: Harvard University***Digital Transformation as a Business and Innovation Strategy: Tec de Monterrey***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

Planned
PGDip, Public Administration: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena
MBA, Digital Transformation: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena 

Thanks for the information guys!
Denise - I do need to do a mix of UEXCEL, DSST, TECP, and CLEP. I am trying to mostly group my tests by subject type (business, history, etc.) but based off of your information I will definitely start with the DSST and CLEP tests for each category and then move on to the UEXCEL tests.
Leedeedee - that's very helpful thanks! I was amazed at how many of the questions on the management course weren't very factual. They were so vague and general! So I did use process of elimination and common sense and it worked out pretty well for me. I'll be doing the same thing on the Organizational Behavior, HR and Labor relations.
Hello

I'm taking DSST Organizational Behavior this Monday 4/25 I'm so nervous about it! Any advice? Is it easy/difficult?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Thanks for the information guys!
Denise - I do need to do a mix of UEXCEL, DSST, TECP, and CLEP. I am trying to mostly group my tests by subject type (business, history, etc.) but based off of your information I will definitely start with the DSST and CLEP tests for each category and then move on to the UEXCEL tests.
Leedeedee - that's very helpful thanks! I was amazed at how many of the questions on the management course weren't very factual. They were so vague and general! So I did use process of elimination and common sense and it worked out pretty well for me. I'll be doing the same thing on the Organizational Behavior, HR and Labor relations.

Rather than go by type of test, I would take exams based on content. For instance, all history courses together, all management courses together, all psych courses together. Lots of overlap this way, makes studying for a group of tests easier.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 530 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,703 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 360 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,742 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  I went crazy and bought 5 - Level 7 Diploma's... bjcheung77 9 2,289 08-25-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,662 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 348 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,379 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 497 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Real? OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance David1477 1 485 06-20-2024, 01:53 AM
Last Post: OtterDen