Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is pre-calc a requirment for BSBA at TESC or EC?
I did the ALEKS program and just finished Intermediate Algebra. It was a struggle and am questioning my ability to tackle pre-calc in a reasonable amount of time. Is pre-calc a definate requirement for any type of BSBA degree at one of the big three? Help with alternatives or ideas would be great.
Thanks
Other posts on here show that TESC accepts Trig and Precalc as the same class. But yes the BSBA does require "precalc". just search Aleks and you'll find a ton of info.

Greg
[B]University of North Carolina- Kenan-Flagler Business School- MBA 2017 [B]
Villanova University - Master Certificate in Government Contract Management (ApriL 2014)
TESC BSBA- Gen Mgmt (December 2013), Arnold Fletcher Award
TESC ASBA- Business Admin ( December 2013)
NCMA - CFCM (Certified Federal Contract Manager)
Completed Units Via 24 traditional, 39 Clep, 24 DSST, 12 Aleks, 3 FEMA, 12 Straighterline, 3 Penn Foster, 3 TESC

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-morrissey/49/442/407/
Sr. Mgr Government Contracts
Contract Compliance
US Pharmaceuticals
McKesson Corp
I'm sure that the variation in the major at each school creates some unique pros and cons. Here is a list to consider that Burbuja made for COSC:

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ree-2.html
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Precalculus is a requirement for the BSBA programs at TESC.

They have a Precalc for Business and a Precalc for Technology. If you've taken College Algebra, then you will need the one for Technology.

You can take it via CLEP, ALEKs, Straighterline, or of course an actual class.
I bit the bullet and jumped into ALEKS pre-calc. I am about 80 hours in and have completed almost 60% of the material. I expect to tackle Stats next. I have much broader knowledge of stats so I hope it comes a bit easier. Which stats should I take for the BSBA degree? Intro to Stats or Business Stats? Recommendations gladly accepted.
Thx
As I recall, if you do the business stats it somehow comes up as operations management, which is a 300-level course at tesc. Is that right? Also, I think a more effective way is to watch khan academy for the relevant topic, and then do an ALEKS assessment. I feel you'll learn more and in less time, but just my opinion.
Goal - BA Mathematics Major at TESC
Plan: International AP Calculus Teacher

COMPLETED: [B]123/B]
B&M (Philosophy, Psychology, Calculus I/II, Physics I/II, Discrete Structures I/II, Comp Sci, Astronomy, Ethics)*42 credits
Athabasca (Nutrition, Globalization)*6 credits
ALEKS (Stats, Precalculus)*6 credits
CLEPS (College Math 73, A&I Lit 73, French 63, Social Sciences and History 59, American Lit 57, English Lit 59)*42 credits
TECEP (English Composition I, II)*6 credits
TESC Courses (MAT 270 Discrete Math A, MAT 321 Linear Algebra B, MAT 331 Calculus III B+, MAT 332 Calculus IV B-,
MAT 361 College Geometry B+, MAT 401 Mathematical Logic B, LIB-495 Capstone B)*21 credits
DSST (MIS, Intro to Computing)*6 credits*(not using)
Two threads were posted a few months ago saying that the dean of the business school has determined that business stats is equivalent to intro to stats.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Can anyone that has take one or both of these at ALEKs comment on difficulty of one over the other? I would guess that Business stats would be all of Intro to stats + more?
Thanks,
I did Trig instead of PreCalc on Aleks. Half of it is algebra and geometry review. I tested initially at 48% and finished in 4 days working about 3-4 hours at a time. One note that i found useful on here was to print the first example of every problem to pdf and save it in a file with the problem type as the file name. When you get to a problem you cant remember on an assesment, pull it up and you can get it done. I didnt bother with Khans or anything, else i am only using aleks so far. I am 55% done with Colege algebra as well and plan to finish it this week (barring i get stuck on a problem and see the damn words "if you get this wrong again... we'll move on to something new").

Again, printing those first one or even two explainations really helps!!

Good luck.
[B]University of North Carolina- Kenan-Flagler Business School- MBA 2017 [B]
Villanova University - Master Certificate in Government Contract Management (ApriL 2014)
TESC BSBA- Gen Mgmt (December 2013), Arnold Fletcher Award
TESC ASBA- Business Admin ( December 2013)
NCMA - CFCM (Certified Federal Contract Manager)
Completed Units Via 24 traditional, 39 Clep, 24 DSST, 12 Aleks, 3 FEMA, 12 Straighterline, 3 Penn Foster, 3 TESC

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-morrissey/49/442/407/
Sr. Mgr Government Contracts
Contract Compliance
US Pharmaceuticals
McKesson Corp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 227 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Calc based Physics needed Hometeacher628 14 1,901 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 2,988 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Advice for 16 year old American-BSBA Online from Southeast Asia schlocker 6 2,243 12-23-2020, 02:11 AM
Last Post: schlocker
  UWisconsin Online Calc III eriehiker 3 1,180 11-03-2019, 06:44 PM
  UW - First Competency-Based BSBA at AACSB School sanantone 0 1,242 09-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Needing BSBA plan online proctored exams only Sweetswinks 18 3,945 08-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Question Other BSBA Programs allow max alternative credit? SCYankee 13 3,459 06-29-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Looking for BSBA in General Management. Need a plan. David.Hamad 3 1,563 05-06-2019, 04:48 PM
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,787 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR