Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction to IT Certificate from Robertson College
It's a private for-profit college in Canada. The certificate is self-paced and open to international students. I just registered and see that there are two modules with one quiz each. Each module has a few short videos to watch. Additionally, there are non-mandatory discussion posts.

For you guys who are already knowledgeable on IT, y'all could probably finish this in less than 20 minutes.

https://www.robertsoncollege.com/programs/intro-to-it/

Introduction to IT

Introduction to I
Associate of Applied Science, Exercise and Sport Science (Expected graduation, February 2025)
University of the Cumberlands - Kentucky, USA

Diploma, Retail Pharmacy Assistant
ICS Canada, Penn Foster Group - Westmount, Quebec

Certificate, Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving
Rutgers University-Newark - New Jersey, USA

Certificate, Intro to IT
Robertson College, Canada

Certificate, Barter to Bitcoin
Bond University, Australia
I finished it. There was a question on the first quiz (first question for me), where all the options listed were incorrect. Anyways, it was a fun course. I sped through it but will watch all the videos eventually, because I enjoy learning about IT.

Haven't received the digital certificate yet but I'm excited.

I just realized that a bunch of the courses are free: https://www.robertsoncollege.com/online/microcourses/

These are all free:

https://www.robertsoncollege.com/programs/keyboarding/
https://www.robertsoncollege.com/programs/intro-to-it/
https://www.robertsoncollege.com/program...rofession/
https://www.robertsoncollege.com/program...readiness/
Associate of Applied Science, Exercise and Sport Science (Expected graduation, February 2025)

Certificate, Intro to IT

[-] The following 1 user Likes ArshveerCheema's post:
  • LevelUP
What kind of digital certificate ?
Degree:
Pierpont - BOG Information Systems
Certs:
TEEX - Cybersecurity
Google - IT/Marketing
Edx - Digital Asset Management/Workplace Diversity
Uni of SC - Leadership in Hospitality
Credits:
Sophia/Saylor/Coursera/CSM/ASU/TEEX
I have attached my certificate. I didn't realize that you have to get 70% on both quizzes as it just said that the cumulative grade needs to 70%.

I'm okay with my name being public, bjcheung77. It already is my username lol.

(09-18-2024, 12:25 AM)Chimera Wrote: What kind of digital certificate ?

Well, they're non-credit.

Attached Files
.pdf   Intro_to_IT_Course_Completion_eCertification_Introduction_to_Tech_(2023-2024)_Cheema.pdf (Size: 145.91 KB / Downloads: 53)

Certificate, Intro to IT

I emailed them about the text not being aligned on the certificate and they fixed it.

Certificate, Intro to IT

Ouch. These certificates are spendy from $150 to $660 for the few I looked at. Seems like one would be better off taking Intro to Technology from Sophia and earning ACE credit for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • TINASAM
(09-24-2024, 06:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Ouch. These certificates are spendy from $150 to $660 for the few I looked at. Seems like one would be better off taking Intro to Technology from Sophia and earning ACE credit for it.

The ones I linked (the four links post) are free. Including the IT one.

Certificate, Intro to IT

(09-24-2024, 06:46 PM)ArshveerCheema Wrote:
(09-24-2024, 06:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Ouch. These certificates are spendy from $150 to $660 for the few I looked at. Seems like one would be better off taking Intro to Technology from Sophia and earning ACE credit for it.

A certificate in Intro to Info Tech isn't going to do much for anyone today. Everyone should have a basic knowledge of the subject. We're all glued to tech all day. At least take the class from Sophia for ACE credit so it's useful towards a degree somewhere. 

There are plenty of certificates from this college which are far from free. Like I said the ones I looked at were $150 up to $660 which is ridiculous. LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, and Coursera have similar courses for far less money.
(09-24-2024, 07:25 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

A certificate in Intro to Info Tech isn't going to do much for anyone today. Everyone should have a basic knowledge of the subject. We're all glued to tech all day. At least take the class from Sophia for ACE credit so it's useful towards a degree somewhere. 

There are plenty of certificates from this college which are far from free. Like I said the ones I looked at were $150 up to $660 which is ridiculous. LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, and Coursera have similar courses for far less money.
Don't understand why you're being so negative. All or almost all of the free offerings in this forum are non-credit and won't "do much." You looked at non-free certificates from this college? So what? That's irrelevant.

If people want to grab any of those "won't do much" certificates from this forum, they will, including the ones I post.

Don't know why you're bringing up those course providers, it's much better to have an actual post-secondary institution name. Actual post-secondary education than online course providers.

Certificate, Intro to IT

(09-24-2024, 07:25 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Careful SS20TS.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - May 2025
M.Ed - UoPeople - April 2027

Up Next:
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees:
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Community College - MA Residents Captainrekt000 0 68 Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Free and Cheap College/University Microcredentials ArshveerCheema 3 386 09-24-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Caregiving Essentials Certificate, McMaster University ArshveerCheema 0 143 09-20-2024, 11:57 PM
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 22 3,885 09-20-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  A Beginner's Guide to Coffee certificate from Sunway University ArshveerCheema 0 195 09-20-2024, 08:11 PM
  100 Million Learners Certificate of Completion Dori001 5 493 09-20-2024, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Dori001
  Super cheap self-paced certificates from Estacio College ArshveerCheema 0 246 09-10-2024, 02:37 AM
  FREE on-site only IT certs at Stanly Community College, NC 8th October BritStudent 0 230 09-05-2024, 03:00 AM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Cheap Music Fundamentals Certificate lisarox 9 560 09-01-2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 5 880 07-02-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77