Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to sociology
Hey guys, im planning to take that exam, i read the era book a month ago and will reread it again. anyone can give me advice of how i should preapre myself? for how long? best practice tests?
Hi shiranahum,

Welcome to the forum.

I have sat this test and the single best way of finding out the right kind of information that helped me pass this test was using the search function.

This is one of the most 'popular' tests and the information available is immense.

Good luck!

Irnbru
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]
Which search option? i am very new to this site.. can you please advice?
There is a "Search" button scroll up and you'll see a row of options (User Cp, FAQ etc). Click on "Search" and then type the information your looking for in "Search Forum".

Try this out for starters

http://www.degreeforum.net/specific-exam...-clep.html

My First Post YEA!!!!!
I used the 19 free practice tests at extremeintellect.com (click on the "free online practice tests" on the right hand side. That along with the IC cards and I received my highest score yet -a 75. Good luck

Jody
Peterson's Practice tests online, REA Testware for Intro to Sociology, and my absolute best source.....Sparknotes for Intro to Sociology. I purchased REA book and CD online for $35, purchased Sparknotes book online for $15 and the Peterson Practice tests cost $20. Best $70 ever spent....total cost for me to Clep out on this one was $155. That includes the $70 for Clep test, $15 for proctor fee and the study material. From study time to test time was 3 weeks. TON of time and money saved for sure!!!

Good luck.

By the way.....took this test today and scored a 65!!!

Missy
missy-h Wrote:the Peterson Practice tests cost $20.

.....took this test today and scored a 65!!!

Congratulations on your exam!

Check this out for next time:

Two recent threads for free Peterson’s online practice tests (CLEP/DSST+ebook):

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ement.html

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...brary.html

The threads I posted above can be used by civilians to access Peterson’s practice tests.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
i will read again the book i have of REA, by the way, i took it from NY public library for free and some of them has the cd Smile
i plan to take the exam on tuesday morning.. i hope those days are enough!!
i just want to pass and graduate asap!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,236 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,330 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,548 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,705 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
Question Social Work, Sociology, or Anthropology Degree? LadySearchDog 5 1,778 08-14-2019, 02:35 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,349 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,415 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Psychology and Sociology Credits Question retro 9 1,864 02-06-2019, 07:22 AM
Last Post: retro
  Intro to Sociology question????? cooperlab 3 1,371 11-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SuperTal3
  BA in Sociology help! rckola911 17 3,485 07-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: rckola911