Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to soc and me
Hi all,

I'm taking the into to soc test next week and I have to pass!

I just graduated from undergrad with a degree in education, but was never informed that I needed to take intro to soc in order to get my teaching license :mad: (what's the point in getting an education degree if you can't get your license???) So now, I have a job lined up for next fall and I have to pass this test in order to be able to accept it!

So here's my question: Will I be okay just studying the flashcards on IC or would you recommend supplemental materials for this test? I minored in psychology in college, so as I'm going through the material a lot of it overlaps. I also took a higher level soc course, so I know a bit from that as well.

And, since I'm new to the CLEP tests, could someone please tell me exactly what the test is like? I was looking on the website but could not find the # of questions or the length of time. I know it's multiple choice, but that's about it.

If you actually read this entire post, you are a saint!

Thanks for any info!!
jackie Wrote:Hi all,

I'm taking the into to soc test next week and I have to pass!

I just graduated from undergrad with a degree in education, but was never informed that I needed to take intro to soc in order to get my teaching license :mad: (what's the point in getting an education degree if you can't get your license???) So now, I have a job lined up for next fall and I have to pass this test in order to be able to accept it!

So here's my question: Will I be okay just studying the flashcards on IC or would you recommend supplemental materials for this test? I minored in psychology in college, so as I'm going through the material a lot of it overlaps. I also took a higher level soc course, so I know a bit from that as well.

And, since I'm new to the CLEP tests, could someone please tell me exactly what the test is like? I was looking on the website but could not find the # of questions or the length of time. I know it's multiple choice, but that's about it.

If you actually read this entire post, you are a saint!

Thanks for any info!!

Hi Jackie and welcome. Intro to Soc is considered by many here to be one of the easier exams. If you study the flashcards here at IC and understand the answers as well as knowing what goes in the blank, you should do great. Especially with your background. It is a very straightforward exam as it an intro class. It was one of the first tests I took so I don't remember how many questions there were. If you use the search function, you will be able to pull up a lot of past posts on this with useful information. Again welcome. And happy studying. Smile
Kate
BS Psychology
IC was definitely enough for this one. Study them until you know hem inside and out and you'll do fine. Good luck and let us know how it tuned out. Lee

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,237 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,334 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,566 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,705 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,349 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,416 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Intro to Sociology question????? cooperlab 3 1,371 11-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SuperTal3
  Intro to World Religions DSST test- what to use to study? tiffy1693 26 8,650 07-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: marinafior
  Intro to Biology final. Prep resources? Life_One 6 1,698 05-30-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Substance Abuse or Intro to World Religion mflr10 7 2,968 10-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life