Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Student seeking guidance from others
I'm wondering if there are any other international students here. Was it easy to transfer credits? Are there some struggles? Are you aloud to do courses at study com? Which big 3 university is the best choice?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetsugarNL's post:
  • cecilgambe7
I just posted on the other post: I think international students will probably have to use COSC or EC now, and TESU is out. Just guessing, but from what they are saying on the website, that's what it looks like to me.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-18-2019, 03:43 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: I'm wondering if there are any other international students here. Was it easy to transfer credits? Are there some struggles? Are you aloud to do courses at study com? Which big 3 university is the best choice?

Hi, im also international student, but im just starting like you; for most of people here all information about US education system is so easy and natural, but for me everything is so new and confusing.

If your question is about transfer credits from your university in your country... Based in my current research, to transfer credits in this way you must pay for specific agencies; COSC for example only accepts two of this agencies: Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES); you must pay a fee (araound 200USD for ECE for high school and university credits transfer) and they will made the research and give you a document with courses equivalent a total credits transfer.

I think we also need to pay this agencies to certify high-school equivalent level in order to enrolled in college in US.
I am an international student, but I started from scratch, with zero credits. Not sure if my experience counts. But when I was looking to enrol last year, the rule was something like you needed a minimum of 24 credits to enrol. I don’t remember anything about RA credits. So, I gathered 24 credits by completing all the free courses (TEEX, Sophia, The Institutes etc), through GED, and through study.com.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • Pikachu
And that counts? Which university is that for?
Yes, it was accepted in 2018. I enrolled at TESU and completed my degree just this June.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
To take TEEX free courses is a main advise for starters in this forum, but as international studen, i dont know if we are able to do these courses, im able to enroll in course but then i must accept a term that express that courses are only for US citizer or residents, i just discover this now, i post new thread about this:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-elegible
(07-19-2019, 10:46 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: To take TEEX free courses is a main advise for starters in this forum, but as international studen, i dont know if we are able to do these courses, im able to enroll in course but then i must accept a term that express that courses are only for US citizer or residents, i just discover this now, i post new thread about this:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-elegible

Not all alternative method providers are available to those outside the US.  TEEX being one of them that is not.
I know that OnlineDegree.com (OD) also is only available to those in the US at this time.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • cecilgambe7, Pikachu
Maybe we can make a list with courses we are able to take and which not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetsugarNL's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(07-19-2019, 11:37 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Maybe we can make a list with courses we are able to take and which not.

By now i can say that:
  • AWR-173-W Information security basics
  • AWR174 - Cyber Ethics
Both courses from TEEX are apparently not allowed for international students... we can start the list with this two...

But i think that no other TEEX course is allowed for international students...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SNHU India & International Affiliates asthewindblows 26 1,708 09-05-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  International Student in SNHU FullFocus 13 1,410 07-18-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMHB MyWay CBE BAS Now Welcomes International Students Jonathan Whatley 2 588 11-09-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Clackamas CC ARPA Payment - check your student email! ctcarl 4 1,130 08-13-2021, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  International Uni's with RA in USA Prof.Gringo 2 1,129 12-16-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Questions From Future Student Looking to Enroll at TESU, Excelsior, or WGU Kalpa 8 4,332 07-26-2019, 09:06 AM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  Little confused-Need guidance please suzycupcake 13 2,408 04-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Last Post: MariaElisa
  International Czech girl need help BA LadaD 0 1,143 01-11-2019, 12:28 AM
Last Post: LadaD
  Help for a beginning international student! aditya320 25 4,967 01-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore