Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instantcert dsst ethics in America
This is one of my most disliked subjects. I have made several false starts for the longest time,bought every book recommended but its still a pain..not that i find it too hard,just so boring..the philosopher names,theories and that sort of things aint just my cup of tea.However its a core that i have to take and, encouraged by the invaluable advise on the specific exam feedback, am now bracing myself to face it this month s'day.During my IC flashcard review today
i came across what i will summerize as follows:
Relationships between ethical traditions Questions 16 &17 respectively,Adam steals to feed his starving family- Aristotle verdict-Guilty; Harry steals to secure release of his kidnapped family-Aristotle verdict-Moral: My problem-why the difference, they seem parallel actions to me!

Am trying hard to have fun,wish me luck!!!
I just started the ethics in america also
I feel the same way for sure.
I'm not sure how this works, but I have attempted to attach my notes for Ethics in America. I used these notes and IC and passed the test with a 451.

Attached Files
.doc   Less than 1 minute ago">AMERICAN ETHIC NOTES-GOOD.doc (Size: 125.5 KB / Downloads: 470)
Thanks for sharing with me,this means a lot. So when are you thinking of taking the Ethics mani.? I wish you the best.and thanks njripperger for such positive encouragement,and for the document! just browsed thru and i know i will enjoy and benefit from it.i shd have taken my exam Thursday 19th february,but an interview came up on same dates and i had to cancel.Just as well,i can have to go thru yr doc.
Kati,
The notes from njripperger cover basicly everything on the test. If you know the basics about the topics covered in the notes you will do great. I took it this AM and that was about what I covered. Got a 442.
Good luck!

P.S. I thought it ws ridiculously boring as well. And Henry and Adam seemed like the same thing to me as well. LOL so don't worry about it.
Am more confident than ever b4. Will meet this squarely...Thanks a lot.
Any advice on how to remember things like if Socrates though suicide was moral. I'm having a horrible time trying to understand what they each believed in. I can't seem to connect it in my brain, any suggestions??
This is the post with the notes.
Those are fantastic notes. Thank you so much. I have been avoiding this exam like the plague. Your outline has inspired me! Thank you, thank, you and thank you!
I have been studying for the Ethics in America DSST exam but just wasn't getting the thrust of what I was supposed to be focusing on so I then signed up for the IC flash cards for same said exam. Since the flashcards are highlighting how much I REALLY don't know, I'm going to try njripperger's notes then retry the IC Ethics in America flash cards. If anyone has a better suggested approach, please reply! I have taken only 1 DSST test so far (Here's to your health) and passed it so perhaps I'm missing something in order to adequately prepare for taking Ethics in America

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 175 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  A neuroscientist explains why stupidity is an existential threat to America bjcheung77 0 488 04-07-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Newsweek: America's Top Online Colleges 2024 Ares 6 923 02-14-2024, 06:48 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 809 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Education Is Now America’s Great Divide LevelUP 2 540 10-06-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Books that Shaped America Charles Fout 2 438 09-24-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,057 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 915 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  How America Pays For College Alpha 0 747 11-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Alpha