Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I could really use some advice about Economics tests
Hi all- here's the story:

I am a senior at a B&M university accelerated program. I graduate this may and finish on June 9th. CAN NOT WAIT!

I went to Macroeconomics class last night to learn that the prof was the biggest jerk EVER. I had to leave it was so bad (adult students don't generally handle the traditional jerk professor routine- we are too busy for that crud). Anyhoo, I dropped and am planning to use the next three weeks that I would be in the class to study for and take cLEP instead. I am scheduled on the 24th.

Now, in APril I am enrolled in Microeco and am pretty sure this guy will end up being the teacher. I'll be doubled up w/Western Civ too and it will likely be more than I can handle.

So here is my question:

How wise would it be for me to take both Macro and Micro CLEP exam? Finish Macro on the 24th, then take Micro in mid-April? This will also really help with my degree audit too.

I would think these two courses would pretty well lend themselves to one another, and be good to take in close tandem?

I am not even considering the difficulty of either exam because no matter how hard it is, it will be easier than two tests, 5 hours of homework a week, and a research paper to be written in two weeks with 12 sources!!!!

Thanks!
The two tests do buiild on each other, and your plan works as long as you provide a routine/time for studying for each. I found the econ exams to be on the easier side of the CLEPs taken, and though not the best book, the REA guide as did provide enough info to pass easily.

Just note - if you bomb the CLEP you must wait 6 months - and that may throw off your univ. timeline.

--C
I took about three weeks to study for Macro, and about four for Micro. Micro was much, much harder. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Economics covers Macro really, really well but has nothing for Micro. I used Microeconomics Demystified for Micro.

Your plan looks similar to mine-- I'd say you should be good.
Hi there,

I definitely recommend taking both the Macro and Micro clep tests. You should probably take macro first then micro. I used these resources to study for both tests:

- Barron's Macroeconomics: The Easy Way, by George Kroon
- Cracking the AP: Economics Macro and Micro Exams, 2006-2007 ed., by David Anderson (excellent)
- InstantCert
- Petersons practice tests

BTW, the tests were not as hard as I thought they would be. I passed with a 74 and a 73.
Hope this helps! Smile
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Definitely take both tests. If you haven't already, you can sign up for instantcert (all of $20) and that will get you the study materials you need as well as specific feedback for each exam (click on the links in my signature below to see mine). Good luck!
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
It's doable. I just did the macro/micro cleps with about 6 weeks of study. 3 weeks on Macro, and 3 weeks on Micro. I work full time in the IT industry as well as am taking 3 hours at university right now.

I used Instant Cert, the REA guides, Peterson's tests. These ppoints also helped Power of Economics

You can do it. But remember, if you fail the CLEP, you have to wait 6 months to take it again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 406 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 974 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 3,015 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,651 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,388 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 2,522 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 1,182 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 898 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 1,090 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 1,171 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone