Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Done!!! Done Done D O N E Done
Hi everyone,

This is my 100th post!

First thanks to everyone here who regularly contributes Buburja, NAP, ryoder, cookderosa, purpleteen, bricabrac and alleycat. (this is not meant as a comprehensive list, if I missed you, thank you too!)

Well everyone I'm done. I just finished the capstone exam and I'm proud to say I scored an A (98%) in the course! I posted feedback on it for future students in the course. Having done the independent study courses at CSU and Straighterline, and the DSST/CLEP exams, I can say that a 15 week course is a challenge in patience and focus. I'm glad I only had this course going on and not anything else, that helped me. I did work a bit ahead but the format of the course required regular weekly participation, so that helped me stay motivated.

Now I play the waiting game until October when the diploma arrives!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Pending Graduation at Excelsior University BSBA!

Earned 91 credits through CLEP / DSST in 90 days. If I can do it, SO CAN YOU!
Congrats!!!! Glad to see it all worked out! Excellent :hurray:
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Congratulations! When I read your signature ("Earned 91 credits through CLEP / DSST in 90 days. If I can do it, SO CAN YOU!"), it always blows my mind! What you have accomplished is truly amazing!

What's next? Are you planning to take a break and enjoy this for a little while?

P.S. Thanks; we're always happy to help!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Congrats! You are truly an inspiration! What are your future plans? I wish you the best of luck in your future edeavors.
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Good job. Well done
Set yourself goals, not limitations
bkahuna Wrote:Hi everyone,

This is my 100th post!

First thanks to everyone here who regularly contributes Buburja, NAP, ryoder, cookderosa, purpleteen, bricabrac and alleycat. (this is not meant as a comprehensive list, if I missed you, thank you too!)

Well everyone I'm done. I just finished the capstone exam and I'm proud to say I scored an A (98%) in the course! I posted feedback on it for future students in the course. Having done the independent study courses at CSU and Straighterline, and the DSST/CLEP exams, I can say that a 15 week course is a challenge in patience and focus. I'm glad I only had this course going on and not anything else, that helped me. I did work a bit ahead but the format of the course required regular weekly participation, so that helped me stay motivated.

Congrats!

Quick question on the Capstone at EC. Do they offer a 8 week Capstone Option is is capstone only offered in the 15wk course?
[SIZE="1"]
Goal: EC's BSLS
DSST: Intro Computing, MIS, Info Systems & Apps, Intro to Business, Technical Writing, Principals of Supervision
SL: Macroeconomics, College Alg.

[/SIZE]
bkahuna Wrote:Hi everyone,

This is my 100th post!

Hee hee thanks for the shout out Wink

CONGRATS!!!! You did something AMAZING. I don't think I've seen anyone here yet do so many credits in so little time and that really speaks to your motivation and intelligence.

Great job and can't wait to see what's next on your 'to-do' list!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Great job!!!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
congratulations!! :hurray:
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
Congratulations, bkahuna!