Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make screen time useful for kids?
Lightbulb 
Hello, everyone. I hope you're doing well.
I'm a father of two amazing children, aged 5 and 7, and I'm seeking advice and insights from those who may have been in a similar situation. I want to introduce my kids to the computer in a way that's educational and safe, but I'm struggling to strike the right balance between beneficial screen time and potentially wasted hours on the computer. Could you please recommend any programs or resources that you've found valuable and enjoyable for kids in this age group? Huh
Oh, your kids are in K and grade 2? Hmm, I remember those ages, my kids are roughly 5 years older than yours, both of them! My son turns 10 this month, daughter turns 12 in April next year. My kids are kind of spoiled, they've got their own Chromebook for school work instead of us borrowing the school laptops. What I got them to do is subscribe to some 'cheap/free' homeschool online programs, an example is a RPG math game, Prodigy. See what interests them with trials...

There are so many things we did with their education, from going to Eye Level, Kumon, all these extra summer camps, spring/winter break camps, etc. Only one thing you need to do is limit their time on the devices, you can let them do anything as their are 'parental controls' for all of these subscriptions, such as Youtube Kids freebies. It also really depends on what your targeting for teaching them... My kids, both, do not like learning to type, but they like math games...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Well, It's exciting to introduce your children to the computer in a balanced and educational way. You can also utilize resources such as Kodable, Tynker, and ScratchJr to teach programming concepts via hands-on activities. Platforms such as ABCmouse, PBS Kids Games, and National Geographic Kids offer a well-rounded educational experience covering various subjects.
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Rule: Whoa, Canada | Real Time with Bill Maher LevelUP 3 169 04-14-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What career move would you make? FAANG Contract or steady work mohelena02 21 2,189 02-08-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice needed, making time for uni work. Personherebb9 14 1,157 06-11-2023, 03:11 AM
  Teacher surprises kids with mirror trick! bjcheung77 0 478 06-23-2022, 04:26 PM
  Would you keep a part time job listed on your LinkedIn Vle045 3 837 04-26-2022, 11:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Dua Lipa Sued for Ripping Large Parts of a Song Used to Make the Song ‘Levitating' LevelUP 2 913 03-06-2022, 04:20 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Kids Idea Tank Alpha 0 776 04-02-2021, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  MathLand Full Version - Math for the kids! (Google Play) bjcheung77 0 929 12-04-2020, 03:37 PM
  Full-time...to internship??? amaquiling 9 1,378 11-13-2020, 02:36 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  10th Anniversary! (Wow, time flies!) bjcheung77 2 986 03-28-2020, 08:17 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed